About the Post:
Barnsley Council’s Business Support Service is a fast paced, diverse, dynamic and interesting service with a rewarding workload.
We currently have a 6 months fixed term opportunity to become a Business Support Officer providing support to SENDIASS, the Special Educational Needs and Disabilities Information, Advice and Support Service.
The Service provides free, confidential and impartial information, advice and support to all young people and parents and carers of children and young people who: -
- have; or might have; a special educational need (SEN) or disability
- are aged 0 to 25 years old
- live in the borough of Barnsley
The successful applicant will: -
- Receive all incoming calls, emails and online referrals, including processing of and allocation to Case Officer
- Utilise the CRM and SharePoint area
- General administrative duties, including facilitating meetings and producing advertising materials, etc.
A good telephone manner is essential as you will be representing the service upon all service user contact, calls that can be quite emotive in content.
You will have a business support background, good working knowledge of all Microsoft applications, experience of recording proceedings at meetings directly onto a laptop and hold a level 2 qualification.
You will be flexible in your approach in order to ensure the overall service objectives are achieved, be an excellent team player and willing to make a solid contribution to the smooth running of the service.
In return, you will be provided with training and opportunities to progress your continuous personal development in line with the requirements of the role, together with support from your Team Leader and colleagues in an enthusiastic and dedicated team