Job Title: Domestic Assistant
Location: Scarborough House, 395 Scarborough Avenue, Stevenage SG1 2QA
Salary: £9.25 per hour
At Scarborough House we are proud of supporting adults with varying disabilities to give them the platform to maintain independence in their lives.
Your responsibilities will be for general household cleaning which includes dusting, vacuuming, sweeping and mopping floors and cleaning kitchens, toilets, bedrooms and bathrooms. You will also be responsible for stock taking of cleaning materials, compiling lists of stock for ordering and checking in deliveries.
We have adequate supplies of PPE. Due to the work setting and the vulnerable nature of the people we support, you will be expected to wear a Type2R face mask during your working hours. Supplies of gloves and aprons are also available.
In return, we’ll give you all the training, support and development opportunities you need to make the most of this rewarding role and achieve your individual career goals.
About the job:
- Cleaning of communal areas.
- Cleaning kitchens, toilets, bathrooms and general household, dusting, vacuuming, sweeping and mopping.
- Cleaning of staff areas, foyer and links between the buildings.
- You will be working while some of our service users are still at home so you will need to be respectful of their Health and Safety as well as your own.
- Kind and caring and able to work respectfully alongside people with a learning disability
- Flexible and willing to work in a changing environment.
- Always aware of risks and how they can be minimised ensuring the health and safety of colleagues and service users.
What we can offer you:
- A varied and stimulating range of work and the opportunity to join a highly regarded team committed to continuously delivering great care and support.
- We are committed to developing and offering ongoing support, including mandatory training.
- Herts Rewards – giving you great shopping discounts and local offers (e.g. Asda, Sainsburys, New Look, M&S).
- Incredibly generous Local Government Pension Scheme.
We will be very happy to speak with you for an informal discussion regarding this role; please phone Vicki or Jacqui on 01438 361196
Closing date: 30 September 2021
Interview date: TBC
How to Apply
Please apply online via the link provided.