Salary: Band 9 - £32,233 - £35,744 p.a.
37 hours per week flexible working
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for a Maintenance Surveyor to join our repairs and maintenance team with good knowledge of day to day repairs and relevant experience of diagnosing and managing their delivery. Previous experience of working for a Local Authority or housing provider is not essential and you may have a trade background working for a Contractor delivering day to day repairs.
Applicants must be enthusiastic, good communicators, display attention to detail and be keen to develop their building surveying skills. Experience of working with customers of a repairs service, understanding their needs and managing their expectations is essential.
What is the role?
You will be based at any one of our Area Housing Offices working as part of a Repairs team.
You will carry out a wide range of duties across our varied 15,000 housing stock, together with our asset portfolio of corporate operational, commercial and community assets including schools.
You will predominantly be attending day to day repairs, updating stock data, evaluating and diagnosing what work is required, assessing the best options to carry out the work and issuing response repairs.
Who is the person?
You need to:
- Be able to demonstrate sufficient relevant experience and knowledge of general day to day response repairs in a housing or commercial environment.
- Have good building construction technology and building pathology knowledge together with the ability to evaluate and diagnose what work is required, assess the best options to carry out the work and issuing response repairs and advising others.
- Have a knowledge of building related legislation as appropriate to the role and be able to apply as necessary.
- Have knowledge and experience of construction related health & safety legislation knowledge generally and be able to apply specifically the working at height regulations, and Control of Asbestos Regulations 2012.
- Practical surveying skills that can be demonstrated; specifically be able to carry out stock data and measured surveys, accurately recording stock data as appropriate.
- Demonstrating you can manage a contractor using a contract, negotiating contractual matters and resolution of disputes with contractors.
- Have knowledge and experience of cost control techniques and be able to demonstrate commercial awareness when undertaking cost estimates for larger repair work, exercise financial control when managing work and assess value for money for work undertaken when auditing completed repairs. Demonstrate analytical skills to be able to interrogate, analyse and evaluate previous repair information
- Have relevant knowledge and experience of all Microsoft packages and demonstrate practical IT skills using Excel spreadsheets or Word when writing reports or letters and be capable of using various other software packages with appropriate training to accurately update data as part of undertaking the surveying role.
- Have planning skills and demonstrate the ability to be organised and methodical when undertaking inspections to ensure effective time management.
- Have excellent communication skills (verbal and written) and demonstrate the ability to be a good communicator developing relationships with clients and customers, understanding their aspirations, managing expectations and ensuring that excellent communication occurs to ensure that they are fully informed regarding the repairs and maintenance of their assets, particularly as most repairs and maintenance work is undertaken in occupation whilst our residents are living in their homes or commercial buildings are operational.
- Have a full driving licence and provide a car for work, as you will be visiting various sites across Portsmouth and will need to travel effectively between them.
How to Apply
Please apply online via the link provided.
Please note, we do not accept CVs submitted without a fully completed online application form.