PERMANENT: Varying hours available
SALARY: £11.50 to £12.69 per hour
Are you looking for your next challenge? Do you want a role that is rewarding? We have an opportunity for a Part Time Swimming Teacher to join the team at Exe Valley, Tiverton our established Sports Centre.
At Exe Valley, Tiverton our benefits include:
- Competitive rate of pay
- Generous annual leave entitlements
- A flexible benefits scheme including access to a discount shopping (online and high street) and events
- Discounted leisure memberships
- Free uniform and DBS check
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Excellent training and development opportunities
As a Swimming Teacher your duties will include but are not limited to:
- To teach/coach all pupils on the programme (group lessons and one to ones) to the standards set out by MDDC.
- Manage the class appropriately and maintain records.
- Assisting in the cost effective and efficient operation of the facility as designated by the Swimming Lesson Manager.
- All duties to be carried out in accordance with current codes of practice, MDDC, the Health and Safety at Work Act, Data Protection Act, Child Protection, all standard operating and emergency procedures and any other legislation
At Exe Valley, Tiverton we value: Pride, People, Performance and Partnerships
- Swimming teachers Association (STA) Level 2 Award or Certificate, Amateur Swimming Association (ASA) Swimming Teacher Level 2
- A team player with strong communication skills
- Committed to personal development
- Previous teaching experience is desirable but not essential.
To find out more information about Mid Devon District Council and our Leisure Services please visit: https://middevonleisure.com/about