The Quality Assurance and Safeguarding Service in West Berkshire is looking for an Independent Reviewing Officer/Child Protection Chair with the commitment and passion to ensure the best possible outcomes for children and young people are delivered across the locality.
Along with being highly motivated and enthusiastic, you will also need to be Social Work qualified and SWE registered, with significant post-qualification experience and sound knowledge of the regulations, guidance and legislation relating to looked after children and child protection.
Your role will involve:
- Undertaking statutory reviews for children in care
- Chairing child protection conferences
- Providing scrutiny and challenge to the work of our children’s social care teams
- Ensuring the statutory reviews of Children in Care and Child Protection Conferences are completed within timescales and to high standards.
- Ensuring all children’s voices are heard, managing conflict and disagreement effectively, offering constructive challenge to ensure all risks are managed.
- Taking the lead in promoting and further developing high standards in review processes and child protection conferences through quality assurance monitoring and training within Children's Services and with partner agencies.
- Undertaking audit activity where required.
- At times stepping in and assisting the Local Authority Designated Officer in the management of allegations made against professionals.
- Having the confidence and skill to build strong, professional relationships across the wider children’s workforce.
West Berkshire Council offer excellent employment benefits such as flexible working, access to a wide range of relevant training, local government pension scheme, family friendly policies, a range of local discounts and much more. You will also be entitled to a generous annual leave entitlement of 29 days per annum rising to a maximum of 34 days.
For more information about the role, please contact Nicola Robertson, Service Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org
How to Apply
Please complete an online application form.
Where possible please use Google Chrome as your preferred internet browser to complete your online application form. This system no longer supports the use of Internet Explorer as a browser which will cause issues when trying to submit your application.
This role requires the incumbent to have a car available at work to undertake his/her duties as they will be expected to undertake at least 1500 business miles per year. Essential Car User status attracts a lump sum allowance paid on a monthly basis as well as a free car parking space if he/she works at one of the Council’s corporate buildings.
This role has been identified as public facing in accordance with Part 7 of the Immigration Act 2017; the requirement to fulfil all spoken aspects of the role with confidence in English applies.
West Berkshire Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all its staff and volunteers to share these values. We will ensure that all our recruitment and selection practices reflect this commitment. Successful candidates will be offered employment subject to Disclosure and Barring Service checks along with other relevant employment checks.
This privacy notice applies to job applicants applying for vacancies with West Berkshire Council https://info.westberks.gov.uk/pnapplications