What is the role?
We are looking for an Adoption and Change Practitioner to work with the Adoption and Change Manager to support the successful implementation and effective utilisation of the Microsoft 365 application set across Portsmouth City Council.
The Adoption and Change Practitioner will play a key role in ensuring the implementation meets the organisations desired outcomes, benefit case, and return on investment objectives by increasing employee adoption and utilisation of the Microsoft 365 tool set. You will be responsible for supporting the adoption and embedding of the Microsoft 365 tool set through the identification, planning and application of best practice change management.
The post will focus on the people side of change, including stakeholder engagement, assessing change readiness, building effective communication, and learning plans, as well as identifying and supporting the organisation to adopt changes to working practices. The post holder will also put in place approaches to collect feedback and measure adoption to continuously improve plans and minimise resistance to change.
Managed by the M365 Adoption and Change Manager as part of a project team tasked with the successful delivery of the PCC Microsoft 365 programme, you will also be working with Directors, Managers, and a network of volunteer M365 Business Champions to succeed.
If you have experience of designing, developing, and implementing innovative, creative change management, engagement, learning and communications solutions we would like to hear from you.
The Adoption and Change Practitioner will:
- Own and develop change management deliverables such as the adoption and change approach and plan for each phase of the project incorporating the communication and engagement plan, change impact assessments, benefits and measures identification and workforce development plans to ensure delivery of benefits and outcomes.
- Own and develop effective adoption and change reinforcement and transition plans to embed new ways of working and transition to operations teams post go-live.
- Proactively lead and collaborate with programme sponsors and senior stakeholders within the business to ensure shared ownership for the delivery of programme outcomes
- Build effective relationships with stakeholders at all levels of the organisation to raise their awareness and understanding of the change, manage expectations about what the change will and won't deliver, and to win their support and active participation where required in the delivery of change and adoption activities.
- Prepare people for the change, to minimise its impact on individuals and the business, and to enable the organisation to realise expected benefits.
- Analysing multiple sources of data and insight to measure adoption, identify issues and blockers taking action to resolve and address the feedback.
- Apply innovative, engaging, and re-usable ways of articulating complex messages.
- Develop high performing teams within temporary project structures to build in-house Microsoft 365 and change and adoption capability and a succession for the future.
- Manage change and adoption related risk, and overcome issues that prevent the project, team, or the change, from being successful.
- Support equality and diversity and respect customers, clients, and other members of staff regardless of gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, religion, and ethnic origin.
- Remain up to date and compliant with all relevant legislation, organisational procedures, policies, and professional codes of conduct to uphold standards of best practice.
Who are we looking for?
The right person will have the following:
- Sufficient experience or a professional qualification in a research related field and/or a degree in a relevant or related discipline
- Professional qualification relevant either to management or to programme, project or change management or Prince2 Practitioner; or equivalent level of significant experience demonstrating comprehensive application of the above levels of knowledge in a relevant setting
- Sound practical and theoretical knowledge of the political environment of local government and partner organisations
- Sound and accurate IT knowledge e.g., Microsoft products
- Experience, knowledge and understanding of delivering change successfully into a large and complex organisation
- Experience of designing and delivering engaging and impactful communications and training across a wide range of channels
- Experience of managing / leading large, distributed teams
- Proven knowledge and understanding of customer relationship management
- Ability to challenge existing practices and identify innovative solutions
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to successfully influence and persuade other and negotiate effective business solutions
- Effective people management and performance management skills with the ability to provide direction, leadership and support to individuals and teams
- Ability to set clear objectives, deliver to set timescales and review and measure the effectiveness of delivery.