Look to apply now and become a valued member of the Service Delivery Case team, helping South Somerset to be a place where businesses flourish, communities are safe, vibrant and healthy and residents enjoy good housing and cultural, leisure and sporting activities.
This is an opportunity to work within the Planning Team. These posts are particularly suited for those who are interested in a career in planning enforcement. Applicants will have experience in investigating alleged breaches of planning control and have a good understanding of the planning process and the key objectives and principles applicable to Development Management.. You will be required to work with and negotiate with customers, write reports, make recommendations and visit sites where appropriate. We are looking for the following skills:
- Excellent attention to detail
- Resilience due to the high levels of work involved
- Proactive with commitment to provision of excellent customer service with some previous experience in dealing with customer queries
- Resourceful and flexible in your approach
Appropriate training will be provided.
We are striving to be great to work for, excellent to work with, leading the way and delivering for our communities.
What you can expect from us…
- We will help you develop your career by providing development and support whatever your level of experience
- An opportunity to be part of ‘one team’ coming together to develop even better ways of working
- A flexible approach to working arrangements to help you achieve a greater work/life balance
- A generous annual leave entitlement and the ability to purchase further leave
- A significant employer contribution towards your LPGS defined benefit scheme pension pot
- Gym membership discount across Freedom Leisure sites
For an informal chat about these posts please contact Neil Waddleton, Case Service Team Leader on 01935 462603
You will be based in the SSDC offices in Yeovil where we operate agile working practices, but you may need to travel to other offices.
We promote and value diversity in the workplace and welcome diverse applicants. We are committed to applying our equal opportunities policy at all stages of recruitment and selection. Shortlisting, interviewing and selection will always be carried out without regard to disability, sex or sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partnership status, colour, race, nationality, ethnic or national origins, religion or belief, age, or pregnancy or maternity.
We treat personal data collected during the recruitment process in accordance with our data protection policy/policy on processing special category personal data and criminal records. Information about how your data is used and the basis for processing your data is provided in our privacy notice.