If you are looking to work in a fast paced, dynamic and supportive team within Families, Children and Learning, and you have excellent business support skills, we would like to hear from you.
You will have experience of working in a busy office environment with the ability to prioritise your workload around the demands of the service whilst still managing to meet statutory deadlines. This role involves the use of various computer packages and you will provide customer-focused information to people who contact the team.
The post will involve some exposure to distressing information about young people and / or family circumstances.
For further information please contact:
Sharron Frost, Business Support Manager via telephone 01273 295399 or email email@example.com (Post at Lavender Street)
Karly Blackford, Business Support Manager via telephone 01273 296079 or email firstname.lastname@example.org (Post at Whitehawk)
About the role
Here is what our Business Support Officers say about working in Families Children & Learning:
“The diversity of duties and working in Children’s Services is what attracted me to the role”
“Supporting my social workers, I get a lot of job satisfaction doing this job – feel like I am really involved and helping families lives”
“Feeling you have helped a client in the absence of the social worker in trying to sort out their problems. Having an understanding of their case and developing a rapport with some of the parents.”
Key skills you can offer:
- A flexible, adaptable approach to work with ability to multi task effectively according to business priorities
- Ability to deal with confidential information tactfully and with discretion
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Experience in business support duties including arranging meetings, and taking minutes which may be of a complex nature .
- Competent in working with Outlook and Microsoft Office packages
- Ability to deal with confidential information tactfully and with discretion.
- Inputting and retrieval of data on service based IT system
Our offer to Business Support Officers:
- Career average pension scheme
- 23 days leave a year, rising to 27 days after 5 years service
- Being an active part of group supervisions
- 1-2-1 support from your Business Support Manager
- A program of learning and development opportunities through our Learning Gateway
- An online toolbox of resources to support the work of the Business Support Officer
- Peer support from other business support colleagues across the service
- Benefits such as: bus ticket and cycle loans; reduced cost gym membership with Freedom Leisure
As part of the application process we require you to answer some additional questions to support your application called 'Branching Questions'. These questions form part of the application process which you will find when you apply. Please read the document below 'Branching Questions Guidance'. Not following this guidance is likely to reduce your chances of success.
Your starting salary will be pro rata if the above position is less than 37 hours or term-time only.
Work Permits: This role does not meet the requirement for UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI) Points-based Immigration System. Successful candidates will need to evidence that they have the Right to Work in the UK.
Please note that this post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974, and is subject to a Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) Check.
We welcome applications from all sections of the community but particularly encourage applicants from a BME or White Other background as well as those who identify as disabled, LGB, male or trans as these groups are currently under-represented in our Directorate workforce.