Wokingham Borough Council’s Strategy and Commissioning Team has an exciting opportunity for a Senior Commissioner to join our dynamic and influential team working across children’s services and/or adult services. This role will be crucial in ensuring the Council commissions and develops services which are high quality and offer value for money and person-centered outcomes.
We are looking for an ambitious and enthusiastic person, with good project management skills, a firm understanding of the commissioning cycle, strategy development and excellent report writing and analytical skills.
You will be willing to grasp fresh challenges and learn new skills. Good interpersonal skills, knowledge of social care services, the ability to persuade, and an analytical mind are all essential. You should have a passion for delivering change and improving outcomes for both adults and children and have a flair for creative thinking, problem solving, communication and building effective relationships with a wide range of stakeholders (including elected Members and local partners).
As Senior Commissioner you will:
- Develop and deliver against the strategic priorities of children’s services and/or adult services.
- Be able to be an active player in ensuring the council can deliver against its comprehensive continuous improvement programme to modernise and transform the delivery and provision of social care for adults and children in Wokingham.
- Enable the development of provider markets
- Lead on the development of key departmental strategies
- Lead our strategic partnership with providers
- Maintain effective oversight of the quality of the services offered by providers to ensure continuous improvement
- Lead the partnership with social care operational managers and ensure that services are meeting expected outcomes
The successful candidate will have good experience of commissioning and contract management, effective leadership skills, as well as a clear understanding of how to build and manage an excellent framework for commissioning practice.
Closing date for applications is 11.00pm 24th September with interviews for the position planned to take place week commencing: 27th September and/or 4th October (subject to change)
For an informal, confidential discussion about this role, please contact the recruiting manager Hayley Rees on 07824 838584
This is a full time position but part time applicants will be considered (30 hours per week)
Wokingham Borough Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all staff, other workers and volunteers to share this commitment.
Wokingham is an equal opportunities employer
How to Apply
Please apply online via the link provided.
Please note, we do not accept CVs submitted without a fully completed online application form.