Job Number-HCC17625Location-CountywideDirectorate-Education and Services for Young PeopleSalary Range-£49,866- £53,042Contract Type-PermanentFull Time/Part Time-Full TimeClosing Date-13-Sep-2021
Job Title: Service Manager
Salary Range: M5 £49,866-£53,042 PLUS £5000 annual market forces payment
Hours: 37 hours per week
Diversity: We are an inclusive employer and value a diverse workforce
An exciting opportunity has arisen for the appointment of a Service Manager to manage our Specialist Adolescent Service Hertfordshire (SASH) covering the West of the County and Central SASH line management.
You will be providing management support and oversight to busy teams dealing with a range of tasks to deliver high quality services to children and their families. You will require excellent communication skills, a good understanding of the needs adolescents and families in need of support ,an ability to work under pressure and challenge practice where appropriate both internally and with our external partners.
Management experience is essential and a relevant social work qualification.
The SASH service aims to improve the lives of young people and their families. Using the skills and experience of its own staff and through a wider partnership it delivers intensive multi-agency support through which vulnerable young people and their families are provided with effective, child-centred safeguarding interventions, underpinned by trauma informed practice. The service ensures that the right young people are in care and that where possible they are able to remain within their own community.
The Specialist Adolescent Service (SASH) consists of four multi-disciplinary area teams and two cross-county teams, one with a focus on Youth Justice the other on adolescent safeguarding. SASH works with young people and their families with the following presenting issues:
• Child Sexual Exploitation
• Child Criminal Exploitation
• Family Breakdown – preventing children becoming Looked After
• Young People Missing from Home
• Young People at risk of radicalisation
• Children becoming Looked After
• Rehabilitation home after a period of being Looked After
• Homeless and potentially homeless 16 & 17-year olds
• Young People in the Criminal Justice System
Closing Date: Sunday 10th October 2021 (midnight)
Interview Date: Week commencing 27th September 2021
Benefits of Working for HCC:
• Flexible Working Arrangements (depending on the role)
• Excellent Career Development
• Salary Exchange for Additional Benefits
• Excellent Pension Scheme with Employer Contributions
• Shopping Discounts
• Support Groups & Wellbeing Schemes