Senior Environmental Health Officer / Senior Housing Officer
(Housing Adaptations and Assistance)
Grade I: £34,728 - £38,890 per annum
Post No: CH314 – 37 Hours per week
Benefits to you:
- Flexitime Scheme
- Local Government Pension Scheme
- Discounted Council Leisure Centre Membership
- 25 days holiday and 30 days after 5 years continuous service
- Essential Car User Allowance
- Cycle Scheme
- Free Parking
- Payment of one professional fee per annum
Are you a committed, enthusiastic Environmental Health Officer or Housing Officer looking for a new challenge? If so, we are seeking a highly motivated and inspirational team leader to join us in taking our Housing Adaptations and Assistance service forward.
The team is responsible for delivering our mandatory DFG programme and all elements of the Council’s discretionary Housing Assistance Policy. Your experience in delivering Disabled Facilities Grants and Housing Adaptations services will ensure we are the best we can be, keeping updated with best practice, new legislation and ensuring we make the best use of our resources.
You will use your supervisory skills to lead, support and motivate a small and friendly team to achieve business goals, allocating work, monitoring compliance with targets and identifying opportunities for service improvement/development.
Essential requirements for this role include:
- Knowledge and detailed understanding of the Disabled Facility Grant delivery framework and relationships with contractors, and other agencies.
- Experience of delivering Disabled Facilities Grants and Housing Adaptations.
- Experience of developing policy, managing people, stakeholders and projects.
- Supervisory, communication and organisational skills.
- Assertiveness and ability to respond well under pressure.
- Influencing, persuasion and negotiation skills.
- ICT skills in the use of Microsoft Office software packages, email and internet.
- You must hold a current UK driving licence.
- A flexible approach to work.
You should also hold a Degree, MSc, Diploma or equivalent in Environmental Health, Surveying, Housing, Sociology or related field. In the case of an EHO the applicant must hold a Certificate of Registration from the EHRB.
If you you have the experience and skills we are looking for then for an informal discussion please contact either Terri Weston (Senior EHO) on 01543 464235 e-mail email@example.com or David Prosser-Davies (Service Manager) on 01543 464202 e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this vacancy online please go to https://cannock.engageats.co.uk/welcome.aspx
Alternatively please telephone 01543 462621 or write to HR Services, Cannock Chase Council, Civic Centre, Beecroft Road, Cannock, Staffordshire, WS11 1BG or e-mail email@example.com quoting post number CH314.
The closing date for receipt of completed applications is Sunday 19th September 2021.
THE COUNCIL IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES EMPLOYER