Salary L24 –L30 £77,643 - £89,406pa
(More for exceptional candidates based on experience)
About Whitefield Academy Trust
Whitefield Academy Trust, located in Waltham Forest, comprises of Whitefield School; for pupils with Autism, complex needs and additional needs. Joseph Clarke School; for children with a vision impairment and /or complex needs.
Working across the Trust, we harness the specialist expertise of all our teams in order to deliver an outstanding quality of education for our pupils.
As Principal of Whitefield School and a member of the Trust’s Executive Team, you will play a key role in driving the Trust’s development.
You must have;
- A proven child-centred vision and a track record of raising standards of teaching and learning.
- A skilled and dynamic leader capable of leading a large team and helping each team member to develop and progress their careers;
- Possess clarity of vision with the ability to communicate in a compelling and engaging way with pupils, parents and staff;
- An adaptable leadership style which encourages leadership from others and celebrates success;
- A comprehensive understanding of the SEND sector and possess the skills and knowledge needed to prepare young people with additional needs for the next stage of their education and lives.
At Whitefield Academy Trust, the health, wellbeing and safety of our pupils is of paramount importance. Whilst we have a number of safeguarding experts across the Trust, the Principal will have overall responsibility for safeguarding and ensuring our pupils are safe at all times.
Why join Whitefield Academy Trust?
Just as we seek to give our pupils an outstanding school experience, we want every member of our team to find being part of Whitefield Academy Trust a rewarding and enjoyable experience. Whatever their role, we are committed to supporting each team member and giving them every opportunity to progress their careers within our Trust.
The Whitefield Academy Trust is an equal opportunities employer committed to the fair and equal treatment of potential and existing employees irrespective of race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion age disability, gender sexual orientation, marital status or any other potentially unlawfully discriminating factor.
We recognise the importance of diversity of thought within in our teams, and are fully committed to embracing the talents of people with autism, and other forms of neurocognitive variation. We also seek to actively support employees’ wellbeing and mental health.
We aim to recruit the person most suited to the job and welcome applications from candidates of all backgrounds, and from people who have gained skills outside formal employment.
We would particularly welcome applications from people and communities who are currently under-represented in our staff team, which includes people from minority ethnic groups, disabled people and men.
As such, every member of our team benefits from our:
- Exceptional Continuous Professional Development programme;
- Strong focus on staff welfare and wellbeing;
- Engagement forums which allow all team members the chance to be heard on matters relating to the running of the Trust and our schools;
- Excellent employment package including Training and Development, interest free loans for bicycle purchase, childcare voucher scheme, generous Local Government and Teacher Pension Scheme and an Employee Assistance Programme offering advice and counselling.
Find out more
For an informal conversation about the role or if you would like to make an appointment to come and visit which we warmly welcome, please contact Chadia Filali–Moutei by emailing Elena Nicolaou at email@example.com
Closing date: Monday 20th September 2021
Interview date: Thursday 30th September 2021
How to Apply
Application Information The councils preference is for on-line application forms. However if you have a disability and are unable to complete an on-line application, please ring 0208 496 4227 who will be able to arrange an alternative. For more information on how to complete your application form, follow this link: Applying for a job at Waltham Forest Council
Click here for further information on the Human Resources recruitment privacy notice.