Job Title: Highways Officer
Location: County Hall, Hertford
Salary Range: £25,481 pa progressing to £34,728 pa + £2,000 pa Market Forces
Hours: 37 per week (Part Time Negotiable)
Hertfordshire truly is the County of Opportunity. Housing growth in the County is presently anticipated to a level of 100,000 homes. The Highways Development Management Team based at County Hall are looking for an officer/transport planner to join the team. Someone who has a focus on providing highway responses to planning applications and a desire to influence sustainable development and ensuring the impacts of growth are managed.
This is an exciting opportunity with involvement in interpreting transport policy and technical standards in order to deliver the formal advice of the County Council, as the statutory highway and transport authority. The role requires an ability to work in a collaborative manner with colleagues, private sector partners and Local Planning Authorities.
We are looking for enthusiastic and pro-active individuals to join the service. The role will involve:
- Considering, evaluating and reporting upon the transport implications of planning applications informally at pre-application stage and formally as part of the statutory response period when submitted;
- Providing support to the process of negotiating with developers and their consultants on contributions to transportation infrastructure arising from development proposals and ensure these are properly secured through the completion of appropriate legal agreements;
- Contribute local development management intelligence to the production of spatial transport strategies;
- Represent the County Council at meetings with private sector partners, District Council Planning Departments and at appeals (written reps/ informal).
Key benefits of the role include:
- Opportunity to be involved with shaping future highway infrastructure provision to support the Government’s growth agenda both at a local and strategic level;
- Working with a diverse range of internal and external stakeholders to deliver a quality service;
- Gain an understanding of planning and highway law, including the Town & Country Planning Act 1990 and Highways Act 1980.
This role is a fantastic opportunity for an individual with relevant experience to further (or commence) their knowledge in the highway sector where you will be considering development proposals involving local and strategic schemes.
For an informal discussion about the role please contact Manjinder Sehmi, Development Manager on 01992 556128 or email@example.com; or Mark Youngman, Group Manager on 01992 588024 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: 3 Ocboter 2021
Interview date: w.c. 11 October 2021