About The Job
Salary: £29,577 - £32,234 per annum (pro-rata for part time) plus weekend working enhancements for weekend working
Working Pattern: Part time and full time hours available (37 hours full time) + rota for evening and weekend work
Location: Worthing, Shoreham, Haywards Heath*please state in your cover letter your location preference or Home preference.
Interview Date: TBC (interviews will take place via MS Teams, Skype or equivalent)
About the role of Team Leader
As a Team Leader for one of our Residential Homes in either Worthing, Shoreham or Haywards Heath, you will lead on key areas such as health and safety, training and supervision of staff, creating rotas and overseeing medication for children.
You will be expected to play a key part in new referrals to the Home, leading and arranging activities around children's needs and ensuring all children are safe with their emotional, physical, educational and social needs met. You will motivate children and staff to reach their full potential through positive role modelling, mentoring, planning and resolving problems and barriers.
Shifts and rotas - for day work, you will be required to work on a shift rota between 07:00 - 22:00. This will be discussed and agreed with the successful candidate.
Experience and Skills
- Ability to assess, plan and undertake risk assessments for individual children, ensuring the needs of all children are met.
- Sound communication and interpersonal skills in order to provide clear and concise advice and specialist guidance to a range of staff, Children, and other professionals.
- Ability to provide clear professional practice guidance to staff, challenging poor practice and ensuring high standards are maintained.
- Ability to effectively manage the time and priorities of self and others
- Strong problem-solving skills with the ability to anticipate problems and resolve issues independently, planning solutions and make sound pragmatic decisions.
- Good literacy and IT skills to be able to maintain children's records, write reports, emails, supervision records, etc.
Qualifications and/or experience:
- Experience of working within a team, dealing with a diverse range of situations while prioritising the wellbeing of children and achieving set targets.
- Significant level of experience within a position relevant to the residential care of children.
- Sound experience of key working, in order to create assessments and plans for individual Children.
- Level 3 Diploma for Residential Childcare or equivalent qualification.
- Developing knowledge of a childcare related specialism.
- Experience of working within internal policies and procedures and statutory responsibilities e.g. Children's Homes Regulations 2015 and Social Care Inspection Framework.
Rewards and Benefits
For a full list of the benefits offered to you as a West Sussex County Council employee you can find them on our Rewards and Benefits page.
How to Apply
To apply, please upload your CV and cover letter explaining the skills and experience you can bring to the role ensuring that any gaps in employment are covered in your CV. Please ensure you have saved the job description attached to the main advert on our website as, once the job has closed, you may not have the opportunity to download again.
*please state in your cover letter your location preference or Home preference*
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults.
This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check, 5 years referencing and an occupational health check.
West Sussex County Council is an equal opportunities employer committed to promoting an environment that is inclusive and free from all forms of unlawful or unfair discrimination and values the diversity of its people. We actively welcome applications from people of all backgrounds and take every possible step to ensure that no individual will be disadvantaged.
For information regarding your eligibility to apply for this role under our Disability or Veteran's Guaranteed Interview Scheme, this can be found on our application help page.