COMMITTEE SERVICES OFFICER
£ 27,741 to £29,577 per annum
37 hours per week – Full Time
Are you looking for a new challenge and the opportunity to be involved in the democratic process of a local authority, then this could be the role for you!
We are looking for a candidate who possesses strong communication skills and has experience of dealing with complex/and or demanding responsibilities in relation to governance processes, formal decision-making Committees and queries from Elected Members, with minimal supervision. The Council has just moved towards a Committee style form of governance so the successful candidate will be pivotal in embedding the system into Council processes.
You will be based in the Council offices at the Civic Centre in Littlehampton, West Sussex but we can offer you a good work-life balance including the opportunity for hybrid home working. However, this role does require attendance at evening meetings which will be held physically at the Arun Civic Centre under Covid-19 safety guidelines.
What we can offer you:
- We are a highly effective, capable yet friendly team
- Working to a hybrid working arrangement with flexi time for evening meetings attended
- Committed to developing your personal and professional development
- Committed to giving you appropriate training and support in respect of our key systems being ModGov and Auditel for the use of webcasting
- Staff benefits including free gym membership at our local leisure centres (including the new Littlehampton Wave), excellent contributory pension scheme and generous annual leave. Further information and a full list of employee benefits can be found on the Arun District Council job page.
For an informal chat about the role, please contact Jane Fulton, Committee Services Manager on 01903 737611 or email firstname.lastname@example.org .
Closing Date: 19 September 2021
Interview Date: Week commencing 4 October 2021 [tbc]
Arun has a commitment to equality of opportunity in employment. If you have a disability which makes it difficult to complete our application form, Please contact the Human Resources Department, who will assist you with your application.