As a forward thinking local authority, we want every interaction with residents, customers and colleagues to be the very best experience we can make it.
We are looking for a proactive and service focused Floating Support Officer to join our community based sheltered housing team, within our Localities service.
The team work across the sheltered housing sites in the Wokingham Borough
We provide light touch support, taking care of the building management and compliance, completing and reviewing support plans, carrying out welfare checks, planning and supporting events and engagement opportunities within the schemes. Our focus is to help support self-sustainable lifestyles and maintain people’s independence in their homes.
the successful candidate will be able to demonstrate:
- A commitment to embracing change
- The ability to listen, extract and assess important information
- A customer focused approach, striving to continually improve
- A can do attitude; trustworthy and dependable.
- The ability to be adaptable and flexible in their work
- The ability to work on their own initiative and take ownership and responsibility for their decisions.
- A desire to improve their skills, knowledge and experience.
- An awareness of safeguarding
- Working with customers, colleagues and other professionals in a polite, respectful and supportive manner in different arenas.
So, if you are a customer focused professional with excellent communication and IT skills; who has some knowledge of working with residents in a sheltered housing setting we would like to hear from you. We are looking for someone with some experience in a similar role but are also keen to train and develop the right people to work with us.
Closing date: 11pm, 16th September 2021
For more information about the role please contact; Catherine Turner via email on Catherine.Turner@wokingham.gov.uk or 07901 105339
Wokingham Borough Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all staff, other workers and volunteers to share this commitment. All successful candidates for this role will be subject to Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) checks along with other relevant employment checks.
Wokingham is an equal opportunities employer.