About the Post:
System Solution and Infrastructure Analyst – Fixed Term until 31/03/2023
An opportunity has arisen to join the Analysis and Design team within the Customer, Information and Digital Services department of Barnsley Metropolitan Borough Council. We are seeking a highly motivated and experienced individual to work in the information technology architecture practice that is responsible for aligning technological solutions to business requirements.
Candidates will have substantial demonstrable experience:
· Identifying customer requirements,
- Delving deeply into specific requirements to determine the who, what, when, where, and why of an initiative or business imperative,
- Researching legislative changes and associated impact,
- Probing for detailed requirements to determine underlying needs or triggers whilst maintaining a professional and understanding attitude,
- Approaching sensitively in situations when the customer is not actually sure what is required; this is especially important when the customer presents a solution rather than a list of requirements,
- Classifying, categorising, and prioritising key requirements to ensure the solution is delivered on budget or within the required timeframe,
- Presenting requirements in a clear and concise manner,
- Recognising opportunities to leverage existing solutions or combine requirements to reduce development and deployment time,
· Aligning real world solutions to meet pre-determined customer specifications identified as described above,
- Taking the who, what, when, where, and why of an initiative or business imperative and determining how the solution can be delivered,
- Using strong analytical and technical skills to determine fit for purpose solutions,
- Showing a high degree of confidence in respect of customer/supplier liaison,
- Multitasking to parallel run several activities,
- Applying a keen eye for detail to ensure the delivered solution meets customer requirements,
- Understanding of a wide range of technologies to ensure best fit solutions are selected and deployed,
- Working with customers, suppliers, peers, and internal technical resources to organise the delivery of small-scale solutions.
For a full list of essential and desirable criteria, please review the associated job profile.
About the post
Aligned with our Customer Services Strategy, you will be working within the Information Technology architecture practice converting internal customer requirements into solutions that meet the needs of our customers and business strategies. As a facilitator for all other services and in respect of recent unprecedented global events, the Council recognises that information technology has a pivotal role to play in the delivery of all services to the public it serves. Information technology has become a primary enabler, facilitating business activities either in or out of the normal business premises. The architecture practice of the Analysis and Design team plays a key part by identifying customer requirements, turning them into innovative fit for purpose solutions, recognising opportunities to combine customer requirements, leveraging existing investments or sourcing new solutions to achieve critical outcomes allowing the business to function in new efficient and diverse ways. Our customers are the service users themselves, who in turn deliver the mandated services to the public and businesses that live or operate within, and visitors to, the whole of the metropolitan borough.
You will join our Analysis and Design team sharing their responsibilities where you will use your relevant extensive skills and experience to provide knowledge across the range of tools and platforms that we work with.
As an internally customer facing member of the architecture team, you will provide vital IT technical analysis and design functions to all parts of the council. Crucially, at this time of change and beyond, you will play a key role in identifying customer requirements and aligning new digital solutions to meet the requirements. Besides meeting the needs of our customers, our systems follow industry standards, best practices, internal policies, and procedures, and must be compliant with mandated or legislated standards such as PCI-DSS and PSN where relevant. Aligning solutions to customer requirements whilst observing all these factors and maintaining value for money is the challenge that is waiting for the right individual.
The main office location is at Westgate Plaza One, Westgate, Barnsley, S70 2DR, but flexible working arrangements are in place to allow working from a variety of different locations.
37 hours per week on a flexi-time basis operating between the hours of 07:00 and 19:00 but coordinating with the wider team to maintain a level of service cover typically between the hours of 09:00 and 17:00 Monday – Friday.
Interviews will take place w/c Monday the 4th October 2021 via video conference. Please state on your application if there are any dates you cannot attend an interview.
How to Apply
Please apply online via the link provided. Please note, we do not accept CVs submitted without a fully completed online application form.