We are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic and highly motivated TA/INA, to join our team. The post is 8.30am-3.15pm, Mon-Fri, term time only, Grade B. The post also includes a lunchtime duty.
Paid weeks per year: 47.15 inclusive of holiday entitlement
Fixed term: Initially with a view to being made permanent
Start date: September 2021
About the role
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Experience with pupils following early years curriculum
- Experience of, and ability to work with, children 1-1, in small groups, and in Class
- Basic understanding of child development and learning
- Commitment to Inclusion
- Good IT skills
- Firm, kind and flexible approach
- Ability to work under the general guidance of the Class Teacher.
- Good sense of humour
- Firm understanding approach to supporting vulnerable pupils & those with attachment difficulties
- As we are an Autistic aware school, we would welcome applicants who have experience in this field.
We also welcome applicants who are interested in developing a teaching career at a later date.
Downs Junior School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment.
For further information or to request an application pack, please contact:
Jacqui Rice, School Business Manager, Downs Junior School, Rugby Road, Brighton, BN1 6ED, Tel: 01273 558422 Email: email@example.com
Closing date: 10am, Monday 20th September
Interview date: Week commencing Monday 20th September
Completed application forms accepted by email/post direct to the school address above
Work Permits: This role does not meet the requirement for UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI) Points-based Immigration System. Successful candidates will need to evidence that they have the Right to Work in the UK.
Please note that this post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974, and is subject to a Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) Check.
Brighton & Hove Schools - Taking Action for Equality
The School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Brighton & Hove Schools do not accept CV or resume.