The Governors of Carlton Hill Primary School
are looking to appoint an:
Inclusion / Learning Mentor (Grade C)
Fixed Term - (funded by grant income) 1/11/2021 - 31/8/2022
Start date 1st November 2021
Part-time, Term Time only
2 days per week Thursday & Friday Thurs 8.30am – 4.30pm; Fri 7.45am – 4.30pm (to include Breakfast Club duty) (15 hours 45 mins per week, 47.15 weeks per year)
NJC Scale 5: Points 12-17; (Full-time salary of £22,183 - £24,491 per annum, paid on a part-time pro-rata basis which will equate to £8,563)
(This is based on April 2020 pay scales. A Pay Award is due for April 2021, but not yet finalised)
Carlton Hill is a vibrant, inclusive and welcoming inner city primary school that celebrates its cultural diversity. We are a one form entry school with 215 pupils currently on roll.
About the role
We are looking for a highly motivated candidate to join our school community, who will:
- help children reach their full potential in school, through planned 1:1 and small group work across all key stages
- Work closely with families to ensure they are able to access support in school, through the local authority and within the local community
- respond appropriately to safeguarding concerns
- work effectively with external agencies
- have a flexible approach to provision
In return the successful candidate will receive:
- Experience of working in a diverse and stimulating school.
- Effective support with relevant training and professional development.
- A warm welcome to a professional, highly skilled and motivated staff team.
Closing date: Thursday 23rd September @9am
Interview date: 29th September
Completed application forms accepted by email/post direct to the school address:
Sussex Street, Brighton, BN2 9HS, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Visits to the school are encouraged, following Covid guidelines at the time.
There are opportunities to do this with the Headteacher or Inclusion Co-ordinator, at the following times:
9.30 – 11.30 (30 min slots at 9.30, 10, 10.30 and 11) – Fri 10th September
2 - 4pm (30 min slots at 2, 2.30, 3 and 3.30pm) - Tues 14th September
2 - 4pm (30 min slots at 2, 2.30, 3 and 3.30pm) - Mon 20th September
9 – 10am (30 min slots at 9 and 9.30am) - Tues 21st September
Please contact the School Office to book for this: email@example.com or call 01273 604966.
Work Permits: This role does not meet the requirement for UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI) Points-based Immigration System. Successful candidates will need to evidence that they have the Right to Work in the UK.
Please note that this post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974, and is subject to a Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) Check.
Brighton & Hove Schools - Taking Action for Equality
The School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Brighton & Hove Schools do not accept CV or resume.