Post Designation: Agile Worker
To ensure that young people aged 11-25 within Blaenau Gwent have access to correct and relevant information via multiple sources, working in partnership to promote and signpost to a range of available services. Work is based on the Principles and Purposes of Youth Work in Wales and is focused on supporting young people to access information.
Are you a professionally qualified youth worker with a passion for youth information and everything digital? Are you able to convey that passion to young people through information and are proactive, creative, self-motivated and driven to achieve high standards in everything you do?
An exciting and rewarding opportunity has opened for an enthusiastic individual to join the authority’s youth service team as the Youth Information Officer
As the Youth Information Officer you will work across the whole service, supporting both staff and young people. You will be responsible for ensuring the information service is relevant and up to date for young people aged 11-25 years old, while being accessible in a variety of formats.
You will have a full understanding of youth information and other services available for young people.
You will recruit, develop and manage a group of young people to support the information service and in particular the service website – www.thebyg.com.uk and social media accounts.
The role requires knowledge of websites and digital content and how to use them to the advantage of the service.
Essential to the role is a Professional Youth Work Qualification and registration with the Education Workforce Council. Based within the open access provisions, you will have experience of working face to face with young people in an open setting. Previous experience of youth information is preferable.
Required skills include;
- Experience of Youth Information
- Experience of digital content, websites and social media
- Experience of working face to face with groups of young people
- The ability to present accurate, clear and well worked youth information in a variety of formats
- Being self-motivated with high standard of work
- Excellent interpersonal / communication skills with the ability to relate to and enthuse young people,
- The ability to work independently and as part of a multi-agency team,
- The ability to develop and work across numerous partnerships
- A high level of personal resilience, including the ability to manage conflict and deal with stressful situations.
Thorough pre-employment screening is undertaken during the recruitment process.
The postholder will be required to complete an application for an Enhanced Disclosure of Criminal Records.
Further information regarding the Authority’s Agile Working Policy and the post designation will be provided at interview.
Closing Date: 16.09.2021 12 Midnight
Interview Date: 23.09.2021 – 24.09.2021