Salary: £24,020 per annum
Contract type: Permanent
Working pattern: 37 hours per week
Closing date: Monday 20th September 2021
Interview date: Tbc
How to apply: www.ymcadlg.org/opportunity/rent-officer/
Who to contact if you have a query:Recruitment@ymcadlg.org
About the role
If you have an interest in rent management, the skills to use our rent management system, and want to support young people to sustain their accommodation whilst meeting collection targets, then this is the role for you.
Due to our increased property portfolio YMCA DownsLink Group have an exciting opportunity for a Rent Officer to join our team and support staff in our housing projects to maximise rental income, and effectively implement our rent arrears procedure.
• You will have a caseload and will meet regularly with Senior Project Staff to monitor their residents rent accounts, and take action as required.
• Support a credit culture across all housing projects by encouraging staff to remind young people to pay their rent upfront and keep up to date with all payments due in order to achieve rent collection and arrears targets.
• Effectively implement the rent arrears procedure; making sure all rent warnings and eviction notices are served in a timely manner and in accordance with legal procedures
• Experience working with computerised rent/payment databases and IT packages.
• Understanding of the key risks, challenges and opportunities for young people which may impact on their ability to pay rent.
• Experience with rent management setting (desirable).
• The role is a combination of homeworking and working from the office at Reed House in Hove, but you will also be expected to travel to other locations.
The position comes with excellent benefits, including 27 days annual leave per annum (plus bank holidays), a company sick pay scheme, a life assurance policy of 2x your annual salary, a health and wellbeing cash plan, and a cycle to work scheme. Please download a job pack for more information about other benefits offered.
YMCA DownsLink Group welcomes applications from all sections of the community. We value diversity and promote inclusion, which we demonstrate through our activities, as well as in our policies and working practices. Reinforced by our culture and values, we seek to create an inspiring and inclusive place to work.
YMCA DLG requires all staff and volunteers to be committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and to respond proactively to safeguarding concerns. Successful applicants are required to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
Your starting salary will be pro rata if the above position is part-time or term-time only.