CUSTOMER SERVICES ADVISOR
Scale 3/4/5 – (Starting salary £18,993 per annum rising to £24,491 per annum after training).
Full Time (37 hours per week)
The Customer Services Directorate are seeking to fill a customer service advisor post to work within our Customer Service Team – Our team provide a first class service to our customers ensuring the highest standards of customer care are maintained at all times.
Services currently handled by our Customer Services Team include: Cleansing; Environmental Health; Car Parks Council Tax and Business Rates; Benefits; Planning & Building Control; Elections; Housing and Switchboard.
To be part of our skilled and dynamic team, you must:
- Be willing to work as part of a team to provide a high quality service to customers
- Be performance driven and able to achieve performance targets.
- Have experience of working in a pressured environment preferably where advice, guidance and problem solving skills have been exercised on the telephone as well as face to face.
- Have excellent telephone answering, communication and IT skills
- Be of a flexible nature
- Be a quick learner and willing to develop and learn customer service processes and procedures
- Be able to use a variety of computerised resources to access and process information
- Be able to develop good working relationships with the Customer Services Team and other services within the Council
- Have enthusiasm, drive, commitment and reliability
In return, you will receive an extensive and structured in-house training programme including a training mentor, an excellent package with progression through the pay scales based on completion of training and development activity and a very good working environment.
Please note that this role is subject to a basic disclosure and barring service (DBS) check.
Our top benefits include free gym membership at our local leisure centres including the new Littlehampton Wave, very flexible working, excellent contributory pension scheme and generous annual leave. Further information and a full list of employee benefits can be found on the Arun District Council job page.
CLOSING DATE: 19th September 2021
INTERVIEWS WILL TAKE PLACE: 27th – 30th September 2021
Arun has a commitment to equality of opportunity in employment. If you have a disability which makes it difficult to complete our application form, please contact the Human Resources Department, who will assist you with your application.