Directorate: Children's Services
Starting salary: JG4:- £20,092 per annum pro rata (£10.41 per hour)
Location: Based in North Somerset, Long Ashton
Hours: 32 hours per week (4 days)
Closing date: Thursday 16 September 2021
We are looking for an enthusiastic, passionate and dedicated Early Years Workers to join our outstanding team.
Do you want to work in a nursery where Children’s Centre core values are embedded alongside the EYFS? This means we work closely with the child’s family and have effective partnerships with a range of agencies including Family Support Workers, Social Workers and Health Visitors, towards improving the outcomes for our children.
You will need to have sufficient experience of working with children 6 months – 4 years of age and an excellent knowledge and understanding of the EYFS is essential. Our dedicated team continually strive to seek innovative ways to further improve, and develop practice. You will be responsible for a group of key children, ensuring their developmental needs are met, accurately recorded, following a ‘In the Moment’ Planning system.
At Early Birds we have excellent outside play areas, which provide a learning environment all the year around. The outdoor environment not only scaffolds and extends learning through play, but encourages children to take supervised risks, and also encourages problem solving.
The post is for 4 days per week, 32 hours post will require shifts working between the hours of 8am-6pm.
So, if you are passionate about children’s learning, and think that children’s outdoor play is beneficial to children’s holistic development, we want to hear from you.
We are a local authority run nursery which is committed to professionally developing our staff. Employees have access to council benefits which are detailed in the link below:
- Leading salaries in childcare
- Employee pension scheme
- 24 days annual leave (rising to 29 with service increments), plus 8 bank holidays and 1 Council corporate day
- Christmas and new year off
- Free DBS check
- Uniform provided
- Free training includes statutory and non-statutory training.
- Employee Assistance Programme; free telephone and online access to our Employee Assistance Programme offering confidential counselling, health and well-being support and legal advice 24 hours per day, 365 days a year.
- You will be able to join our NSC advantage+ which will give you access to a range of benefits, discounts and offers. We can contribute to the cost of your professional subscriptions and give you the chance to pay into a health cash plan that can help you manage the cost of dental treatment, eye tests, and new glasses.
- Cycle 2 Work Cycle Plus scheme with Halfords, which lets you get a bike and essential accessories tax free.
This post is exempt under the provisions of the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions) Order 1975 and is subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check.
Want to know more and apply?
For an informal discussion, please contact Kay Smith, Nursery Manager or Lauren Roche Deputy Manager on 01275 888580.
Visit www.n-somerset.gov.uk/jobs to download an application pack and apply online.
Anticipated interview date: Friday 24 September 2021
North Somerset Council is an equal opportunities employer. We welcome applications from all sections of our community regardless of age, disability, sex, race, religion, belief or sexual orientation. North Somerset Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.