Are you an organised and experienced administrator with a passion for spreadsheets? Do you have a high level of communications skills and love being part of a team? Then this may be the role that you have been looking for!
This is a great opportunity for an enthusiastic and organised individual to join the friendly and hardworking Environmental Health & Licencing Team. You will support the team in processing licensed driver applications, premises licence applications, issuing licences, environmental protection nuisances, and food safety.
You will receive excellent one to one training to be responsible for answering and redirecting questions from members of the public, licence holders/applicants over the telephone, or in person; administering departmental email boxes; using specialist computer systems to log, manage and process various types of licensing applications, environmental health nuisance complaints or food business registrations, and assist with general administration such as updating case notes, scanning, photocopying and mailshots.
About the Person
- You must have previous office administration experience
- You will have a good standard of verbal and written communication abilities
- You will have a strong level of interpersonal and team working skills
- You must have the ability to multi-task effectively
- You will have a strong grasp of IT and an aptitude for picking up bespoke software programmes. Good knowledge of Microsoft products like Outlook, Word and Excel is essential
- You will also possess strong attention to detail
- You will be highly motivated and capable.
- Are capable of working well on your own and as be a supportive member of a team.
- Adaptable to the task in hand and willing to learn.
- You are confident to make process improvement suggestions where necessary.
- A good standard of secondary education i.e. literacy, numeracy etc.
In exchange for your expertise, experience and enthusiasm, we will offer support in continuing your personal and career development, in addition to providing a wide range of employment linked benefits.
We provide you with competitive annual leave and contribute 15% towards the LGPS pension scheme. You will also have access to a range of discounts including local and high street stores, and salary sacrifice schemes including a cycle lease scheme, and ‘Better’ leisure centre membership. We also provide a flexible and agile working culture for a great work/life balance.
Closing Date: 19 September 2021 @ 23:59
Values and Behaviours
Our great working environment and the values and behaviours of every individual and team in the Council, help to evolve the culture of our organisation to become more commercial, innovative and embracing of change.
Successful applicants to our career opportunities will be able to demonstrate they share the values and behaviours we seek in our organisation.
For any further information about the role, please e-mail email@example.com.
We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer, supporting the guaranteed interview scheme for disabled and ex-armed forces candidates, who meet the essential criteria for the role.