Head of Organisational Development- Job ad
(fixed term for 18 months)
Waltham Forest is an ambitious Borough. Driven by the culture and the innate creativity of our residents, we have developed innovative ways to build our communities and transform our Council. We are looking for a skilled and experienced Head of Organisational Development to join our People’s Programme team to help deliver great public services that are not only highly effective but also easily accessible.
We are a Council bursting with energy and opportunity. Our strong grasp of our finances means that we can invest - in our residents, our place and our people.
We have recently launched our ambitious People Strategy 2021-2025 and are work closely with our staff to help shape the delivery and bring to life our values.
We need to make sure that everything we are doing today supports that vision, and helps our residents and staff succeed in an increasingly uncertain world.
The Head of Organisational Development will lead strategic, modern, proactive, highly valued Organisational Development strategies as well as developing and supporting Council wide Organisational Development activities which deliver a culture of high performance and employee engagement in support of the council People, Ethnicity & Gender Pay Gap strategies.
Key skills and experience for the successful candidate are:
- Ability to work as an effective member of the HR Senior Management Team, in shaping, supporting, and driving forward the People Strategies.
- Ability to resolve problems where the immediate solution may not be apparent, using initiative and creativity to identify appropriate solutions.
- Ability to develop and maintain good working relationships with colleagues across the Council to ensure the effective operation and development of people development.
- Ability to receive, understand and convey ideas and information clearly and accurately which may at times be complex, highly detailed, technical or specialist, both in written and verbal form
- Ability to effectively plan and organise OD activities to support structural and cultural change across the Council.
- Successful record of managing and organising a substantial OD service, including managing leadership development.
- Experience of effective people management and deployment of resources to meet workload demands, service standards and monitoring performance against targets
- An entrepreneurial and commercial attitude with a focus on raising performance to achieve ambitious objectives.
We offer candidates the opportunity to enjoy rewarding work with a benefits package which includes 28 - 31 days holiday allowance, flexible working arrangements and access to the Local Government Pension Scheme.
For an informal chat or any further information, please contact : Eva.email@example.com