Hours of work: 37 hours per week
Working pattern: Full-time
Closing date: Sunday 10 October 2021
Interviews to be held on Friday 22 October 2021
For an informal discussion, please contact Gypsy and Traveller Team Manager Jim Alexander - 07740517096
About the role
The services delivered by the Communities, Economy and Transport department (CET) have an enormous impact on the lives of local people and the natural environment. From operating waste facilities and registration offices, to maintaining roads and major infrastructure planning, the moment an East Sussex resident steps outside their front door, they are interacting with our work. Therefore, roles in our department offer enormous scope to make a positive impact on the quality of life for people and the environment of East Sussex. We are looking for people who can help us to improve the links between the areas we operate in, such as using libraries, improving adult literacy, transporting vulnerable people to the shops to help keep them independent or installing high speed broadband to support businesses to modernise.
The Gypsy and Traveller Team manage four permanent traveller sites across East Sussex. We help ensure an appropriate landlord role is maintained, and that residents receive the support they need to maintain their licence, and work to ensure harmonious relationships on site and within the local community. The team also manage the East Sussex Transit Site, based in Lewes, which gives travellers the ability to stop for up to 12 weeks whilst in transit through the county. In addition, we lead on communication issues with local residents and businesses, elected members and the media and work closely with other organisations such as the police, health services and local planning offices to deliver a coordinated approach to issues concerning travellers.
- The management of 4 permanent Traveller Sites along with 1 Transit Site
- Ensuring rent for pitch fees is received across all sites
- Ensuring residents comply with the terms of their site licence including gathering evidence of any potential breaches
- Ensuring accurate recording through East Sussex financial accounting systems.
- Produce rental statements
- Provide reports to Senior Management for onsite work
- Be a point of contact to liaise with Contractors and residents on site whilst work is being carried out
- Manage short to medium term contracts
- Carry out frequent Site inspections producing a report on the conditions of buildings and sites owned by East Sussex County Council
- You will have excellent communication skills.
- Previous Sites Management experience desirable, but not deemed essential.
- Previous background in a legal profession desirable.
Please see attached Job description with Essential criteria listed that are required for this role.
Your starting salary will be pro rata if the above position is part-time or term-time only.
Work Permits: we may be able to obtain a Work Permit for this post but this is subject to meeting the requirements of the UK Border Agency’s Points-based Immigration System.
From 6 April 2011 the Home Office has placed a permanent restriction on the number of migrant workers that all Tier 2 (General) Sponsors can recruit. Due to the restrictions we cannot guarantee that individuals that meet the requirements of the Points-based Immigration System will be issued with clearance to obtain work permits.
East Sussex County Council is an equal opportunities employer. We welcome applications from all suitable candidates, regardless of race, gender, sexual orientation, disability or age. All applications are treated on merit.