West Berkshire Council’s Application Delivery team has an exciting opportunity for two highly motivated and technically competent candidates to work in a challenging environment and take their skills to the next level.
The team provides technical and database support for over 100 key business systems covering every aspect of Council business. Ensuring the integrity and availability of these systems and the information they hold is of critical importance to the Council.
You will have cut your teeth providing systems\database support in a Microsoft Windows Server\SQL server environment. You will have proven track record of delivering thorough technical support for your customers and a commitment to their satisfaction.
We can offer you the opportunity to work in an interesting environment more diverse than most commercial organisations can offer. In addition you will be working with and learning from subject matter technical experts.
We are also committed to ensuring that you get the right training for the role.
Detailed Duties will include:-
- Ensuring the availability, integrity and security of applications and systems within WBC
- Shared responsibility (with other team members) for a number of high profile, business critical Council systems.
- Responsibility for change control for all software development projects relating to the systems supported.
- Provide functional and technical development and enhancement of business software and applications supported by the West Berkshire ICT Application Delivery and Support Team.
- Responsibility for the upgrade and patching of supported systems.
The ideal candidate will be educated to degree level and have at least 3 years IT industry experience in a systems support role (which should be detailed in the application) utilising the following technical skills:-
- T-SQL and optionally PL/SQL Scripting
- Current supported versions of Microsoft Windows Server
- Current supported versions of Microsoft SQL Server and optionally Oracle RDBMS
- Microsoft .Net stack
- Familiarity with programming languages and tools such as VB script, SSRS and SSIS.
Local Authority systems experience would also be beneficial but not necessary.
West Berkshire Council offer excellent employment benefits such as flexible working, access to a wide range of relevant training, local government pension scheme, family friendly policies, a range of local discounts and much more. You will also be entitled to a generous annual leave entitlement of 28 days per annum rising to a maximum of 33 days.
For an informal chat about the role, please contact Mat Scalpello (ICT Applications Delivery Manager) on 01635 519151.
How to Apply
Please complete an online application form.
Where possible please use Google Chrome as your preferred internet browser to complete your online application form. This system no longer supports the use of Internet Explorer as a browser which will cause issues when trying to submit your application.
This role has been identified as public facing in accordance with Part 7 of the Immigration Act 2017; the requirement to fulfil all spoken aspects of the role with confidence in English applies.
This privacy notice applies to job applicants applying for vacancies with West Berkshire Council https://info.westberks.gov.uk/pnapplications