If you care about your local environment, then this is the job for you!
Previous experience is not essential as full training will be provided.
We are looking for self-motivated and enthusiastic people to join our team of Street Wardens.
The role covers environmental crime and on an off-street parking.
Your work will focus on raising awareness, creating a more responsible approach to our environment and promoting good practice to the local community. Every day is different, but you will typically be dealing with environmental nuisance such as littering, dog control orders, waste issues and also issuing parking charge notices to vehicles.
You will travel on foot or in a vehicle then patrol on foot. You will provide support, and advice to businesses and landowners to tackle issues affecting them. You will collect evidence for environmental notices and work to resolve low level environmental issues by giving advice and support.
What you’ll do:
- Patrol off-street car parks and attend to minor machine faults.
- Record and issue on-street Parking Charge Notices.
- Report defective signs and road markings, identifying and reporting any abandoned vehicles.
- Explain regulations to motorists and advise them about parking facilities.
- Complete patrols of allocated route, providing a visual presence and reassurance to the public.
- Limit the incidences of dog fouling, littering and waste issues.
What you'll bring to the role:
- You’ll need to be assertive and polite when dealing with people.
- A calm and professional approach to handle difficult situations.
- Experience of working in a customer service role is highly valued and an ideal transferable skill for this role.
- You should be able to work as a team member or on your own and have the ability to make decisions.
Please note the successful candidate will be subject to a standard DBS check.
Closing date: Tuesday, 24 September 2021
No CVs and no agencies please.
How to Apply
Please apply online via the link provided.
Please note, we do not accept CVs.