Job Title: Senior Planning Officer - Growth Areas
Location: County Hall, Hertford (with flexible working arrangements)
Salary Range: £35,745 pa progressing to £43,857 pa
Hours: 37 per week
Hertfordshire County Council is a leading local authority which is experiencing unprecedented levels of growth and development within the county. In order for the County Council to achieve its strategic objectives and respond to these growth challenges a new Growth and Infrastructure Unit has recently been created.
This is your chance to be part of team that is proactive, flexible, responds quickly to change and is never complacent. You’ll be taking on a diverse range of projects which promote Hertfordshire as an innovative, efficient authority with a commitment to helping to keep people healthy and safe and growing the economy.
If you think you have what is required and you are ready for a challenging yet very stimulating, varied and rewarding role then please apply now to find out more.
About the Role:
- Meeting regularly at various locations across Hertfordshire to work closely with the Hertfordshire Planning Authorities on S106, site master planning and planning policy related work
- Engaging proactively with County Council service departments, including collating information on service requirements and drafting responses to local plan consultations
- Responding to planning applications to secure planning obligations as part of the development management process
- Maintaining the good working relationships with all of our stakeholders
- Supporting the County Council in developing S106 funding strategies, drafting Heads of Terms agreements and S106 legal agreements.
- A professional qualification or equivalent degree
- A positive and enthusiastic attitude
- A clear ability to manage workloads, deadlines and priorities
- Excellent communication, negotiating and influencing skills
- The ability to take a lead on some of our key projects;
- Experience of local plans or the development management process
- Some knowledge of infrastructure planning, S106 planning obligations and the Community Infrastructure Levy.
- Flexible working arrangements
- Generous annual leave entitlement
- £1,000 welcome payment to persons joining the County Council
- Excellent Career Development - including eligibility for Environment Career Progression scheme.
For an informal discussion about this role please contact Russell Monck 01992 588274.
Closing date: 26 September 2021
Interview date: 7/8 October 2021