Salary:. £30166 - £33856 per annum
Location: Educational Psychology Service, Rutland House
2 x Full time, Fixed Term Post (12 months)
This is an exciting opportunity to work with a team of Educational Psychologists. You will assist Halton Borough Council Educational Psychology Service in the delivery of psychological intervention and monitoring for vulnerable children and young people.
This work will involve assisting in the development and delivery of a range of services and interventions including:
- Training and development work
- Group work with children and young people
- 1:1 mentoring/therapeutic work with children and young people
- Group work with parents
- Involvement in the delivery of 2 trauma conferences
- Evaluation of service delivery
- Auditing of files
- Preparation of training and support materials
- Information gathering on behalf of a Psychologist to support SEN processes
- 6 of each post will be supporting and delivering the development of a project to support developing trauma informed practice across the local authority.
Other project work during the academic year 2021-2022 may be required.
Requirements of the post:
- Registered with the British Psychological Society (Graduate basis for registration or Chartership (GBR/GBC) ;
- Psychology Degree - at least Upper Second class honours - 2:1;
- Relevant experience of working with children in family homes, educational / clinical or community settings to promote children’s well-being and progress
- Evidence of using Psychological understanding and approaches to support practice
- Subject to an Enhanced DBS Check
- Driving Licence and own transport
Applications are invited from candidates who wish to embark on the professional doctorate and qualify as an Educational Psychologist
For an informal discussion, please contact: Rhona Hobson (Principal Educational Psychologist) 0151 5118736
How to Apply
Please apply online via the link provided.
Please note, we do not accept CVs. Please fully complete the on-line application form.