Performance Analyst (Families) – 12-month Fixed Term
We are seeking a Performance Analyst to help us develop valuable insights and support the Future of Social Care in the borough.
We are looking for a candidate who can use a range of sources and analytical techniques to produce high-quality analysis and reporting, including recommendations for action and improvement, plan and deliver Business Intelligence projects which generate new data insights to drive operational decision-making and service improvement, and support the development and embedding of an insight and intelligence culture throughout the council.
This is an exciting time to join Waltham Forest – London’s first Borough of Culture and the winner of the “MJ Council of the year” award. This is your chance to join an ambitious, people-focused organisation during a time of significant change, transformation and new challenges.
- Prepare and analyse data to produce intelligence and insights about council services and the borough.
- Design and develop visual reports and dashboards to provide actionable intelligence for managers and decision-makers.
- Identify and assess problems with the quality of data that is used for and presented in data reporting and take action to address issues identified.
- Contribute to (and lead where appropriate) the completion and submission of statutory reporting requirements, including returns required by government departments and regulators
- Highly numerate, with excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Experience of recording and reporting complex data and information, preferably within a public sector context.
- Ability to analyse and pivot data to develop concise and actionable insights
- Knowledge and experience of data analysis tools and methods, including technology such as Excel and Power BI.
- Understanding of how data can be extracted and manipulated using a coding language such as SQL, R and/or Python.
- Ability to produce clear data visualisations in reports and dashboards.
- Ability to consistently deliver quality outputs in a fast-paced environment, work to tight deadlines, and contribute to a fun, fast-paced, high impact and dynamic environment
How to Apply
Application Information The councils preference is for on-line application forms. However if you have a disability and are unable to complete an on-line application, please ring 0208 496 4227 who will be able to arrange an alternative. For more information on how to complete your application form, follow this link: Applying for a job at Waltham Forest Council
Click here for further information on the Human Resources recruitment privacy notice.