Salary: £28,000 per annum (£22,702 actual)
Contract type: Fixed term until 30 September 2024
Working pattern: Part-time
Closing date: Monday 27 September 2021
How to apply: Please visit https://www.ymcadlg.org/get-involved/work-for-us/
About the role
Due to new funding YMCA DownsLink Group’s WiSE (What is Sexual Exploitation) project are currently looking for a fantastic youth practitioner with extensive experience of working closely with boys and young men to join our team in East Sussex, and Brighton and Hove and Surrey.
The WiSE Project is an innovative, award-winning project working across East Sussex, Brighton and Hove and Surrey, with children and young people experiencing or at risk of sexual exploitation; as well raising awareness of Child Sexual Exploitation and other forms of Child Criminal Exploitation.
The role involves significant time lone working whilst supporting parents and carers in Brighton & Hove and East Sussex, with travel across the county and further afield as required
You will need to demonstrate a good understanding of the needs of this cohort, the skills to work in a range of settings and in-depth knowledge of safeguarding and child exploitation. You will need to be able to work autonomously, manage your time and workload while also working closely with the wider WiSE team.
- To carry a caseload of boys & young men who have been identified as exhibiting harmful sexual behaviours and/or vulnerable to, or being sexually exploited, and to promote protective behaviours
- To keep detailed case notes and monitoring information and contribute to the timely production of reports as required.
- Participate in appropriate meetings such as strategy meetings, case conferences, and multi-agency CSE meetings.
- Deliver detached sessions in schools, youth and health settings to engage boys & young men that may be at risk of or are victims of sexual exploitation or exhibiting harmful sexual behaviours.
- Experience of working closely with boys and young men, with the confidence to develop this work
- This is challenging yet rewarding work and requires an absolute commitment of the staff
- For this role it is essential you hold a current driving licence and have access to your own car.
The position comes with excellent benefits, including 27 days annual leave per annum (plus bank holidays), a company sick pay scheme, a life assurance policy of 2x your annual salary, a health and wellbeing cash plan, and a cycle to work scheme. YMCA DLG frontline staff & managers receive regular group Reflective Practice Supervision. Please download a job pack for more information about other benefits offered.
YMCA DownsLink Group welcomes applications from all sections of the community. We value diversity and promote inclusion, which we demonstrate through our activities, as well as in our policies and working practices. Reinforced by our culture and values, we seek to create an inspiring and inclusive place to work.
YMCA DLG requires all staff and volunteers to be committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and to respond proactively to safeguarding concerns. Successful applicants are required to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
Your starting salary will be pro rata if the above position is part-time or term-time only.