Full Time – Permanent
Redbridge is an ambitious, diverse and exciting east-London borough. What we do is driven by changing our relationship with local people to support our vision. As a result, we've developed innovative ways to build our communities and transform our Council.
We're one of the fastest growing parts of the country and the third most diverse London borough. Our communities are attracted by a mixture of excellent schools, relatively affordable housing, high-quality open space and rapid transport connections into the heart of the City.
An excellent opportunity has arisen within the London Borough of Redbridge for an experienced, Contracts and Procurement Lawyer to join the Council to provide a comprehensive and professional legal service.
You will report to the Principal Lawyer – Employment & Contracts within the Legal Department. You will also work closely with other Council departmental clients and specialist departments.
You will provide the Council with expert advice and guidance on aspects of all contracts and procurement related work and have extensive experience in the preparation of public contracts and knowledge of public contract procurement processes.
- Provide expertise and knowledge of, and provide advice and guidance and practical assistance on, local government law in the areas of local government contract and procurement work.
- Conduct a full range of work types in this area.
- Utilising skills and experience gained within a similar position, you will report to the Principal Lawyer (Employment & Contracts) and will have your own complex and varied caseload.
To be successful in this role you will need to:
- Hold a Solicitor, Barrister, FILEX or similar qualification
- Have experience of contract and procurement work, preferably in a local government context
- Excellent knowledge of the law and practice of contract and procurement law
- Experience of managing a wide and varied forms of contract and procurement matters with minimal supervision.
If you feel you meet the above requirements and are keen to join an ambitious, dynamic and innovative team, we would like to hear from you.
Closing Date: 8 September 2021
Interviews: week commencing 13 September 2021
If you are interested in the role, please contact Ellen.MathesonHarley@redbridge.gov.uk for an informal discussion.
To apply for this job please visit www.redbridge.gov.uk
Ambitious for Redbridge