Uttlesford District Council are looking for full-time or part-time LGV Drivers to work within the Environmental Services team, initially based at either our Saffron Walden or Great Dunmow depots and will shortly be relocating to our new depot in Little Canfield.
Duties will include:
- Driving, operating, and loading our Class 2 vehicles
- Providing waste and recycling collection services
- Delivering a high standard of service
- Category C / Class 2 licence as a minimum, newly qualified drivers welcome to apply
- Certificate of Professional Competence (CPC) card
- Flexibility and good work ethic
- Must be willing to do driving and loading
- A good level of fitness and endurance to ensure the job gets done
Tuesday–Friday 06:45 – 17:00 with the occasional catch up on Saturday following a bank holiday or public holiday for which payment at time and a half will be made.
Job Type: Full-time and Part-time
Uttlesford District Council is located in a beautiful area of North Essex, fantastic countryside with a mix of towns and villages and you will be working out of a depot with modern facilities and a great team environment. We encourage and support our employees to have a healthy work life balance as well as offering a range of benefits including generous annual leave, plus bank holidays (pro-rata), leisure centre discounts, membership of the Local Government Pension Scheme and an online platform offering discounts from online retailers.
For an informal discussion, please contact Danny Johnson on 01799 510597.
If you are interested in this vacancy, please apply via our online recruitment link which is available on our website https://www.uttlesford.gov.uk/for-jobs/Applying-for-a-job
CVs will not be accepted.
We positively welcome applicants from all sections of the community.
How to Apply
Please apply online via the link provided.
Please note, we do not accept CVs submitted without a fully completed online application form.