Housing Regeneration Project Manager
Full time 37 hours
RG8 -scp 39-45
£42,821 - £48,847
Our Housing and Communities Team are passionate about the people who live in our town; our vision is for everyone to have the opportunity to live in a good quality sustainable home within a lively and thriving neighbourhood. We are an energetic and enthusiastic team, and channel this by seeking to innovate and create opportunities that have a lasting effect on the communities in Reading and keep them at the heart of all we do. We have a great track record in building strategic partnerships, successfully bidding for Government funding, major project delivery and being the best landlord in the town. Our work is rewarding, we change lives for the better by tackling homelessness, building new homes and strengthening communities.
We are seeking to expand our team and require enthusiastic and creative individuals to work with us in a number of different roles. Although experience in the Housing and Communities Sector is desirable more important is an ability to learn quickly and the passion and desire to make a difference.
You will be an integral part of a multi-disciplinary virtual team responsible for the delivery of the Council’s local authority new build programme.
About the role
This post will ensure that the strategic objectives and policies in relation to regeneration are met through the delivery of key projects and programmes not only in the building of new homes but in the sustainability of communities and neighbourhoods.
Main duties and responsibilities-
- Obtain all necessary Committee approvals for the funding and contract awards that support the delivery of new homes and regeneration
- Work closely with the Finance Team on the viability of new schemes to be funded through the Housing Revenue Account and other funding streams.
- Responsible for bids through the Homes England Grant process or other Government funding schemes for the purposes of delivering new homes
- Engage local communities in regeneration projects and ensure the benefits of growth are harnessed to meet community’s needs and aspirations.
- Ensure that all appropriate stakeholders are sufficiently engaged and delivering on the core aims and ambitions of each project.
- Work closely with the all relevant stakeholders to ensure that a robust communications plan is maintained throughout the course of each project through a range of different media.
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with external and internal stakeholders, including Developers, Housing Association Partners, Homes England and relevant officer teams across the Council
The following experience is required for this role:
- Leading multiple high value regeneration/housing projects from conception to completion sometimes in parallel, on time and on budget.
- You should be happy with ongoing Client/Contractor working, community engagement and development
- Demonstrable experience of detailed report writing, project plans, project summaries and cost benefit analysis documentation
- Able to assimilate complex information and make sound decisions on the needs of the project
- Comfortable networking and delivering communication plans to a broad range of audiences and in a range of different media
- Able to motivate and enthuse colleagues to ensure efficient and successful delivery of projects
- Self-motivated with highly developed organisational skills
- Must be committed to, and excited by, sustainable regeneration initiatives
- Comfortable working at a senior level within a political environment
We offer a supportive environment to grow and develop your career with the opportunity to put your ideas across. Innovation and ambition is strongly encouraged, and you’ll get a great feel for that working in our friendly and collaborative environment.
A competitive salary alongside a range of benefits including:
- Generous holiday entitlement - 24 days holiday each year plus bank holidays - rising to 32 days after 10 years' service, with the option to buy additional leave
- A wide range of flexible working opportunities
- Modern working environment at the Civic Offices in the heart of Reading
- Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS)
- On-site day nursery (Kennet Day nursery) rated outstanding by Ofsted, and a salary sacrifice scheme to help lower the cost of your nursery fees
- Season Ticket Loan - to help with the cost of your rail/ bus journey, to & from work
- Lease car salary sacrifice scheme allowing you to lease a brand new, greener car for three years. The monthly fee includes insurance, servicing and road tax
For more information on this position please contact Stephen.email@example.com
Closing Date: 31st October
Interview Date: to be confirmed
Please note that the closing date is given as a guide. We reserve the right to close this vacancy once a sufficient number of applications has been received. Therefore, it is strongly advised that you complete and return your application as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.
Reading Borough Council is a Disability Confident Employer and is committed to the recruitment and continued employment of people with disabilities.
How to Apply
Please apply online via the link provided.
Please note, we do not accept CVs submitted without a fully completed online application form.