Have you a passion for construction project management and experience of condition surveys? Do you have experience of construction/refurbishment works together with consultant and contractor management? Read on for the chance to join a great team!
Our friendly, close knit and dynamic Property Team are looking for an enthusiastic and experienced Building Surveyor to help them support the Council’s 5-year plan. This is an exciting opportunity for a hands-on team player to work closely with the team on exciting programmes of work supporting our diverse property portfolio. You will undertake and procure condition surveys and property inspections of the Council’s assets, prepare project cost estimates to demonstrate value for money for the Council and assist in preparing the annual Capital rolling programme providing the Council with cost certainty.
You will also be required manage projects at construction phase, overseeing the day-to-day on-site supervision of construction activities and ensure projects keep within agreed timescales and budgets. You will liaise with members of the public, tenants, contractors and staff from other Council services regarding all manner of asset management issues and procure external consultants, for specialist works and oversee their appointment to ensure that gaps in specialist knowledge and experience are filled by appropriate professionals. Please see further responsibilities in the job summary link below for further details.
About the Person:
- You will have solid experience of construction project management
- You will have proven experience of condition surveys
- You must have experience of consultant and contractor management
- You will be capable of using strong interpersonal skills in leading projects
- You must have a good grasp of Microsoft Office i.e. Excel, Word and Outlook
- You must have a full valid driver’s licence to drive in the UK
- You will be highly motivated and capable.
- Are capable of working well on your own and as be a supportive member of a team.
- Adaptable to the task in hand and willing to learn.
- You are confident to make process improvement suggestions where necessary.
- RICS professional membership - Preferred
- Degree in a related subject - Preferred
- HND / HNC in Building Studies or equivalent
In exchange for your expertise, experience and enthusiasm, we will offer support in continuing your personal and career development, in addition to providing a wide range of employment linked benefits.
We provide you with competitive annual leave and contribute 15% towards the LGPS pension scheme. You will also have access to a range of discounts including local and high street stores, and salary sacrifice schemes including a cycle lease scheme, and ‘Better’ leisure centre membership. We also provide a flexible and agile working culture for a great work/life balance.
Closing Date: 24 October 2021 @ 23:59
Values and Behaviours
Our great working environment and the values and behaviours of every individual and team in the Council, help to evolve the culture of our organisation to become more commercial, innovative and embracing of change.
Successful applicants to our career opportunities will be able to demonstrate they share the values and behaviours we seek in our organisation.
For any further information about the role, please e-mail email@example.com.
We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer, supporting the guaranteed interview scheme for disabled and ex-armed forces candidates, who meet the essential criteria for the role.
How to Apply
Please apply online via the link provided.