Head of Intelligence and Data Network
Are you an experienced and outstanding strategic leader with the ability and drive to make data and intelligence a fundamental part of our Council? If so, we’d love to hear from you.
There’s never been a better time to join Waltham Forest. We are passionate about the quality of services we deliver to our residents and we see data as fundamental in driving and shaping that delivery. We are an ambitious and dynamic council and are proud to have become London’s first Borough of Culture, as well as the winner of the “MJ Council of the year” award. We see the role of data as one that challenges, shapes and drives our decision making at the highest level. As we build on our strong collective response to the COVID-19 pandemic, this fantastic opportunity will allow you to take the lead role in a new era of data usage across the Council.
Here you will shape and steer the data function for one of the most progressive Local Authorities in the UK. You will build and support its team of talented data analysts and define the vision for a high-impact informatics infrastructure. This role will be highly visible, interacting with Councillors, governmental bodies, and shaping thinking throughout the organisation, putting data and intelligence at the core of our biggest strategic decisions.
Our ideal candidate is resourceful, tenacious, analytically rigorous, with a high level of experience in leading data science teams. Using your first rate technical skills, business acumen, and creativity, you will inspire your service in the creative and cutting edge use of data to tackle our biggest challenges. Your service will build robust data pipelines and analytical models that allow directorates to quickly and accurately track their metrics but also explore future scenarios and hypotheses. You will be an accountable team leader who can support and develop your team to ensure that the highest level of service is always provided. Those looking for an easy ride need not apply, but for those with the drive and passion to deliver high quality and innovative services which will impact the lives of residents, this might be the role for you.
- Act as a role model for the leadership behavioural competencies and cultural of the Council, positively promoting our standards and values
- Motivate your team and embed a culture of data driven outcomes that will inform and underpin Council decisions.
- Prepare MI/BI project plans and business requirement documentation
- Participate in the full lifecycle of an analytics or BI project: from gathering and understanding the requirements to creating the functional design, architecting the solution, supervising the detailed technical design and implementation, to preparing and executing the functional tests
- Execution and reviewing of assessment activities and maturity diagnostics on the analytics capability (organisation and processes, added-value analysis, application adequacy, IT capability)
- You will be an accountable and experienced team leader who is able to get the most out of your team
- Delivering high-quality reporting and insights through automation, insight and challenge to business areas;
- Designing and managing underlying data sources to allow quick and efficient data extracts to support analysis;
- Participate in the development of strategies, operating models (i.e. organisations & processes), roadmaps and business cases for Analytics and BI solutions
- Track and resolve risks, issues, and action items throughout project lifecycle
- Experience in functional design of BI and MI analytics solutions
- Great knowledge of the local authority functions ideally, you as well gained experience with tools like Power BI, Tableau and already have been working with relational databases, which reflects your enthusiasm about technology
- Your proven track record in understanding deep business requirements and show business acumen with experience in statutory frameworks and inspection regimes
- Able to identify the actual problem from the symptoms in a pleasant and respectful manner furthermore you are experienced in integrating data from various systems and making it accessible to the organization
- Ability to consistently deliver quality outputs in a fast-paced environment, work to tight deadlines, and contribute to a fun, fast-paced, high impact and dynamic environment
- Strong experience in working within a large complex organisation with multiple stakeholders
How to Apply
Application Information The councils preference is for on-line application forms. However if you have a disability and are unable to complete an on-line application, please ring 0208 496 4227 who will be able to arrange an alternative. For more information on how to complete your application form, follow this link: Applying for a job at Waltham Forest Council
Click here for further information on the Human Resources recruitment privacy notice.