This is an exciting opportunity for an individual to join the Financial Management Division within Halton Borough Council to assist and support the delivery of a range of services, in order to meet both Directorate and Corporate financial requirements.
Working closely with the Finance Officers for the People’s Directorate, the main duties of the role will be to assist with the preparation and monitoring of the revenue budget and capital programme in accordance with relevant guidance and within tight deadlines. Other key responsibilities include:
- Ensuring all income and expenditure is correctly accounted for, including timely reallocation of cash receipts to accounting codes within the Agresso Financial System ensuring all income is invoiced and recovered promptly.
- Support Budget Managers in monitoring their budgets in respect of all revenue, capital, grant and externally funded expenditure, ensuring significant variances are investigated and appropriate corrective action taken.
- Provide for the financial and activity information needs of Budget Managers including forecasting and extrapolation to enable them to monitor performance and forecast commitments.
- Monitor staff changes during the year to support budget monitoring and budget preparation.
- Ensure proper accounting arrangements are in place for grant-funded expenditure, grant claims are completed promptly, and liaise with Auditors as required.
- Undertake analysis of financial data utilising the Agresso Financial ledger and Microsoft Excel tools.
- Undertake reconciliations as and when required in relation to expenditure and income items, Agresso feeder systems, cashbooks and bank accounts.
- Assist with costing exercises, financial analysis and appraisals to support Budget Managers with their decision making.
- Assist with year-end closure of accounts liaising with Budget Manager, other relevant Directorate colleagues and Council external Auditor as required.
We are seeking an ambitious, enthusiastic and hardworking Finance and Budget Management Officer with experience of working in a finance environment, preferably in a Local Government setting. Strong Microsoft Excel skills are essential, as to, is the ability to plan and prioritise own workload with minimal supervision, to meet tight deadlines. Candidates should also have excellent communication skills and be confident conversing with a range of stakeholders.
For an informal discussion about this post, please contact Mandy Walsh 0151 511 8828 / Naheem Shafiq 0151 511 8680
Interviews will be held on 5th & 6th October 2021
How to Apply
Please apply online via the link provided.
Please note, we do not accept CVs. Please fully complete the on-line application form.