The Direct Payments team administrator role currently sits with the Specialist Community Disability Service, a service that provides a range of social care services to children and adults with disabilities, as well as clinical interventions for our adults if needed. This includes providing Direct Payments and Personal Budgets for young people and adults.
About the role
This service is supported by a highly skilled and knowledgeable Business Support Team, and an important element of the team is to co-ordinate the Direct Payments scheme. This provides funding to families so that they can employ a Personal Assistant at home to help with care.
Specific responsibilities of this role would be attending Panel meetings where Direct Payments are agreed; setting up the scheme for families in conjunction with external agencies; proactively monitoring payments; attend financial meetings with management; implementing management directives and projects as and when needed.
You will have experience of working in a busy administration team, with the ability to prioritise your workload around the demands of the service while still being able to meet deadlines. This role involves the use of various computer packages and requires you to be able to monitor and analyse data for your team as well as run reports and adhere to statutory deadlines. Accuracy and attention to detail is key. Other skills include:
- A flexible, adaptable approach to be able to multi task effectively according to business priorities
- Competent in working with Outlook and Microsoft Office IT packages.
- Ability to set up complex spreadsheets for financial monitoring purposes
- Problem solving abilities
- Ability to deal with confidential information tactfully and with discretion.
- Inputting and retrieval of data on service based IT system
- Local Government pension scheme
- 23 days leave a year, rising to 27 days after 5 years service
- A programme of learning and development opportunities through our Learning Gateway- including Apprenticeship Qualification opportunities.
- Council staff benefits include: Bus ticket and Cycle loans; discounts in selected shops and restaurants around the city and reduced cost gym membership with Freedom Leisure.
Interview date: TBA
For an informal discussion, please contact Debbie Creed, Business Support Manager on 01273 295126
It is strongly recommended that you read the ‘Statement Guidance' below before you apply for this job. It is important you are able to show how you meet the Person Specification when applying. Not following this guidance is likely to reduce your chances of success.
Your starting salary will be pro rata if the above position is less than 37 hours or term-time only.
Work Permits: This role does not meet the requirement for UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI) Points-based Immigration System. Successful candidates will need to evidence that they have the Right to Work in the UK.
Please note that this post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974, and is subject to a Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) Check.
We welcome applications from all sections of the community but particularly encourage applicants from a BME or White Other background as well as those who identify as disabled, LGB, male or trans as these groups are currently under-represented in our Directorate workforce..