The starting salary for this position is £24,780 per annum based on a 36 hour working week.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and organised individual to provide the Active Schools Team with administrative support, including finance and marketing tasks. In this role you will monitor and drive school engagement (bookings and income) across a range of events and programmes, including teachers and leaders training, Girl's Football Partnership, Surrey School Games, Active School Membership and Sport England’s Active Lives Survey and Secondary Teachers Training programme (SETT).
Active Surrey is the lead strategic agency for sport and physical activity in the county and it is our vision to be the most active county. Our work enables everyone, even the most vulnerable, deprived or disengaged in Surrey, to lead more active and enriched lives.
We are looking for someone who has good organisational skills and attention to detail and who has an interest or experience in administration (including finance and marketing). In this role you should also be willing to perform routine tasks as well as undertake ad hoc project and programme based support work.
Key tasks are likely to include:
- Monitoring/tracking bookings and school engagement in events and training
- Providing regular progress reports to keep the team on track with engagement and income targets
- Administrate the usage of Capsule, Active Surrey's Customer Relationship Management system
- Co-ordinating all administrative elements of the county wide Girls Football Partnership programme
- Implementing an established marketing and communication plan
- Working closely with the team to identify support needs to enable the delivery and measurement of an efficient, effective service to Surrey schools
- Raising purchase orders and processing invoices, with good attention to detail
To be shortlisted for interview for this position, your CV and personal statement will clearly evidence the following:
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to manage workloads and deadlines
- Accurate data entry skills with excellent attention to detail and high levels of accuracy
- Experience of basic financial procedures and competency in excel
- Broad IT skills including email, Word and Power Point
- Strong communication skills and the ability to efficiently communicate with colleagues at all levels
- Experience of providing excellent customer service
- A fun, positive and engaged professional who demonstrates initiative and a proactive approach
Active Surrey, part of the national Active Partnerships (AP) Network, is a not for-profit organisation, hosted by Surrey County Council and based at Active Surrey’s office in Woking.
Whilst this role is advertised as full time, there is flexibility for the right candidate to work on a term time only basis.
At Surrey, our values and behaviours are just as important as our skills and abilities. They shape who we are as an organisation. Find out more about the values we follow.
For more information please find the full job description below and refer to this before submitting your application. We also invite you to read our Life at Surrey handbook to see insights of the culture at Surrey and how as a valued employee, you can help shape our Council.Additional Information
The job advert closes at 23:59 on 10th August 2021 with interviews taking place on the 16th or 17th August 2021.
This role is offered on a fixed term basis to cover maternity leave within the team. The contract will run until March 2022 with a possible extension to September 2022 (subject to the continued receipt of external funding).
An enhanced DBS ‘Disclosure and Barring Service’ check for regulated activity (formerly known as CRB) and the Children’s and Adults’ Barred List checks will be required for this role.
For an informal discussion please contact Wendy Newton on 07972 211989 or by e-mail at email@example.com.
We look forward to receiving your application, please click on the apply online button below to submit.
From flexible working to job sharing we are committed to providing a healthy work life balance. A laptop and mobile will be supplied if applicable to your role. You will benefit from 26 days annual leave, rising to 28 days after 2 years' service, a generous local government salary related pension, as well as the option to join our car lease scheme. For more information about the wide variety of benefits you can take advantage of please visit MyBenefits for Surrey County Council staff.
Surrey County Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We want to be an inclusive and diverse employer of first choice reflecting the community we serve and particularly welcome applications from all under represented groups.