Procurement & Contracts Specialist x 2
We are looking to strengthen our Procurement & Contracts team with two Procurement and Contracts Specialists who are willing to develop further their knowledge and understanding of the public procurement and be part of a Procurement Centre of Excellence. The successful candidates will have the depth of experience to work alongside our policy and operational leaders to develop innovative commercial arrangements, whether through provision of procurement advice or through effective management of contracts.
Your main objective will be to provide support and aim to make a positive difference for our communities, working together with the team and wider Council, exploring new ideas to increase efficiencies and maximise best value for the Council. Using your knowledge and experience, you will have the opportunity to be innovative when reviewing, refreshing and developing procurement policies, tools and guidance.
The Procurement and Contracts team supports procurement activity covering a broad range of categories, including social care, public health, transport, IT, construction projects and many others. We will provide support and training to build on and develop your existing skills, while also providing opportunities to obtain knowledge in new categories of services.
Reporting to a Senior Procurement Specialist, these roles are key to driving the development of a commissioning and procurement best practice framework and subsequent implementation, as well as supporting key commercial projects and managing strategic corporate contracts. You will be involved in the procurement of variety of projects, providing procurement and contract management advice and guidance, reviewing and developing the Council’s procurement rules and procedures, promoting best commercial practice. The scope of the roles also includes managing Council’s traded service contracts, requiring liaison with numerous contractors and other external and internal stakeholders.
Procurement and contract management experience is essential for this role. We are looking for individuals who are:
- commercially minded with knowledge and good understanding of the public procurement legislation;
- has excellent analytical and interpersonal skills;
- able to promote and improve commercial services provided to third parties/external stakeholders;
- able to provide clear procurement guidance and contract management advice to support procuring officers and senior managers across the Council;
- able to build and maintain robust relationships with internal and external stakeholders at all levels;
It would be desirable to have:
- experience or excellent understanding of Public Contracts Regulations 2015
- relevant professional qualification, such as Chartered Institute of Procurement & Supply, or a recognised business qualification;
- Strong IT skills, specifically in PowerPoint and Excel
- Experience in using e-procurement software.
Closing date for applications: 11pm on 24th August 2021
For an informal discussion please contact Valentina Velcheva - Valentina.Velcheva@wokingham.gov.uk
Wokingham Borough Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all staff, other workers and volunteers to share this commitment.
Wokingham is an equal opportunity employer.