Senior Surveyor - Contract and Cyclical
Salary MM1 £38,946 - £49,818
Full Time (36 Hours) - Permanent
We are recruiting! During 2020 we have redesigned our services and teams to ensure that we deliver on our promise to create a resident centric culture with a renewed focus on supporting independence and enhancing life chances, whilst continuing to deliver, safe, sustainable and quality homes for the future.
Repairs Contracts and Quality Team
The newly created Repairs Contracts and Quality Team will be at the heart of bringing that vision to life, supporting the implementation of our new target operating model, ensuring our responsive repairs and cyclical works programmes are designed and delivered with our residents at the heart, whilst ensuring services are delivered to budget and quality standards.
Senior Surveyor, Contracts and Cyclical (1 x FTE MM1):
We are looking for an exceptional senior surveyor, whose technical expertise is matched with strong leadership and coaching skills and a relentless energy for improving the customer experience.
You will lead a team of four, with operational responsibility for delivering a high quality and effective responsive repairs and cyclical surveying function.
Key responsibilities include:
- Recruit, coach and develop a team of high performing responsive repairs and cyclical surveyors to deliver sustained improvements in contract performance and achieve improvements in resident satisfaction
- Assess the quality of works undertaken by Enfield Repairs Direct and its sub-contractor’s
- Work in partnership to build and deliver the Cyclical / Planned Preventative Maintenance programme across the Council’s Housing Stock
- Oversee the delivery of a strong surveying function to deliver:
- A high quality, cost effective and efficient pre and post inspection service
- Resolution of party wall disputes
- Permissions in relation to alterations
To be successful in the role:
You will be an experienced and qualified surveyor with a successful track record in delivering sustainable improvements in responsive repairs or cyclical maintenance.
You will excel in motivating and leading a team through change and will bring a strong understanding of the social housing sector and good practice, legislative and regulatory framework for delivering responsive repairs.
The role is a varied and exciting role where no two days are likely to be the same. If this sounds like you and your ready to make an impact from day one, then we want to hear from you.
Why it's great to work for Enfield Council:
- An excellent pension through the Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS).
- Up to 31 days annual leave depending on grade and length of service. You will also get eight public holidays per year and an extra day off at Christmas.
- A blend of remote and office based working for most roles
- Interest free season ticket loan repayable over three or ten months.
- Career development and learning experiences from a range of training courses and learning methods.
- Employee Assistance Programme to provide advice and counselling services. This is a free and confidential service available to staff and members of their family.
- Health and leisure discounts and tax-free bikes for work.
We are passionate about our people and how we deliver services to our community in Enfield. That’s why we encourage a culture that puts our customers at the heart of everything we do - by empowering our people to work together to find solutions, be open, honest and respectful, take responsibility and listen and learn. If you value these behaviours too, we’d love to hear from you - and of course we are always happy to talk flexible working
Closing and Interview Dates
Closing Date - 23:59 on Tuesday 10th August 2021
We reserve the right to close this vacancy once a sufficient number of applications have been received. Therefore, we advise that you complete fully and submit your application as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.
To apply please click on the apply button below
This role requires that you upload 2 documents.
- A supporting statement addressing how you meet the requirements of the job description and person specification.
- Your CV.
Your supporting statement should be around 2 pages in A4 format.
If you have any difficulties accessing this information, please contact Claire Turner, Senior Recruitment Consultant on 0208 132 1024 or firstname.lastname@example.org