Job Title: Monitoring and Payments Officer
Full Time Salary: £22,183 - £24,491
Closing Date: 22/08/2021
Milton Keynes is a rapidly expanding, vibrant and dynamic place to live, work and play. How better to contribute to that continued success than through a unique and rewarding career with Milton Keynes Council. So if you're looking for an excellent benefits package and the chance to make a difference, make a move to Milton Keynes Council. With modern working practices where flexibility is commonplace and performance is measured on outcomes and results, alongside a generous holiday entitlement, you can experience a fulfilling job and great work-life balance.
Please note that this role is only open to applicants who have the right to work in the UK
Monitoring and Payments Officer x 2 vacancies - Milton Keynes is one of the fastest growing cities that offers people a great place to live, work and visit. The Professional finance team has recently undertaken a restructure to reflect the changing needs of the service. As a result, we have an exciting opportunity to recruit two Monitoring and Payment Officers, who will join the Finance Transactions team. This is a fast-paced area and no day will be the same! We are looking for enthusiastic, inquisitive, and passionate people, you will play an essential role by working closely with other services, responsible for processing the payments for all adult social care and early years placements. You will be part of a dynamic and energised finance transactions team who are integral to the wider council services and in return we offer flexible working arrangements, training and development opportunities.
- Responsible for processing all payments for residential and nursing care, day care, supported living care packages and government funded early years provision
- Provide support and assistance to other service areas
- Analyse and identify any discrepancies with the payments and placements, provide a resolution and communicate to relevant internal and external parties
Experience, Qualifications and any Mandatory Requirements
- GCSE Grade C or above in English & Maths, or equivalent
- Analytical skills and the ability to disseminate information and have well developed written and verbal skills. IT literate, familiar with Microsoft and Excel Spreadsheets.
- Ability to plan and schedule workload to meet the deadlines required for the payments audit process.
- Able to prioritise own workload and meet deadlines
- Able to liaise with a wide range of professionals both internally and externally.
- Able to problem solve within work remit and seek management advice and support where this is required.
- Ability to make decisions independently and knowing when to request assistance.
- Embraces new business processes and able to contribute using their knowledge to make improvements
- Ability to work autonomously using their own initiative to meet the targets and deadlines