Contract Type – Permanent
Section – Property Services
Salary Band – 2c
Annual Salary – £27,041 per annum
Hours – 37 per week
Reference – SEL0182
What’s the job?
The successful candidate will be responsible for supporting delivery of the Council’s Asset Management and Affordable Housing strategies and the Housing Development Programme through a combination of new developments and property acquisitions. You will be expected to assist the team to identify and procure the development of future sites and project manage asset and housing schemes.
Who are we looking for?
Ideally qualified to degree level in a construction or regeneration related discipline, you will:
- Be accountable to the Asset Strategy and Development Surveyor for objectives and targets are delivered.
- Communicate and negotiate effectively with colleagues, consultants, contractors and partners.
- Provide support to the wider Property Services and Housing Management teams in the assessment of assets, viability in use, disposal etc.
- Support the Asset Strategy and Development team in delivering the pre-construction phases of projects including obtaining surveys, land registry information etc.
- Contribute to the team’s performance and progress towards achieving agreed goals and objectives.
- Comply with relevant health and safety, emergency planning, risk management and business continuity requirements.
- Foster positive relationships with internal and external customers and key stakeholders.
- Work across all departments of the Council to achieve the targets outlined in the Council’s Corporate Plan and other relevant strategies.
If you are interested in this role and would like to know more, please contact Sarah Murphy (Asset Strategy and Development Manager) on 01757 705101 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
How to apply
To apply for this vacancy, please send your CV and a covering letter to email@example.com
A copy of the job context and job role specification is available to download on our website (www.selby.gov.uk)
Applications for Job Share will be considered sympathetically.
Selby District Council is an equal opportunities employer.
Closing Date – Monday 9 August 2021
Closing Time – Midnight
Interview Date – W/C 16 August 2021