An exciting opportunity has arisen as a Housing Projects Officer and Team Lead. We are currently seeking a conscientious, diligent and highly motivated individual with the ability to manage multiple projects and teams. An ability to work independently (with guidance) and using own initiative is essential.
The work will include long term, ongoing responsibilities and short team projects required to meet a defined objective and managing a small team of specialist maintenance officers.
This diverse role will cover several Housing areas, so each day is guaranteed to bring variety.
Some duties of the role will include:
- Working with our Housing Asset Management Managers to ensure accurate reporting, management and reconciliation of data within our Asset Management system (Keystone). This is shortly to be replaced by a Northgate Asset, Energy and Asbestos Register.
- Managing a small team of specialist maintenance officers.
- Using our Northgate Accounting package. ensuring project costs are accurately and regularly assessed and charged to other Council Services
- Assisting Managers with the collation of data and responses concerning complaints and service enquiries.
- Assisting Managers with specific projects.
- Administrational duties in relation to staff training e.g. booking, recording
- Assisting Managers by acting as single point contact for the collation of data and responses concerning complaints and service enquiries for the Asset Management Team, this work may also include despair claims.
The skills we seek are:
- A highly organised self-starter with the ability to manage multiple projects/tasks
- Team management experience
- Excellent project management skills and attention to detail
- Good analytical skills with the ability to extract and analyse information
- Experience in written report writing
- Proficiency in all Microsoft programmes – training will be available on specialised Housing software
- Good customer care and communication skills
- Knowledge of Housing is advantageous but is not essential
For further information please contact Martin Forster at email@example.com
Wokingham Borough Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all staff, other workers and volunteers to share this commitment.
Wokingham is an equal opportunities employer.
How to Apply
Please apply online via the link provided.
Please note, we do not accept CVs submitted without a fully completed online application form.