Hillingdon Council: Putting our Residents first.
About the role
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join our Imported Food Team at London Heathrow Airport. As an Administrative Officer you will be responsible for assisting the team of Environmental Health Officers, Food Safety Officers, Technical Officers and Official Veterinarians in providing an effective and efficient service on behalf of the London Borough of Hillingdon in respect of imported food functions at Heathrow Airport's Border Control Post.
On a day to day basis you will be providing clerical and administrative support which includes inputting consignment details, processing payments and invoicing information, and providing first class customer service to service users.
We are looking for an experienced individual who provides excellent customer care and has exceptional communication skills. You will have experience supporting a multi-disciplinary team, working under competing pressures.
What we offer
We offer a range of Company benefits. These vary according to the business area and role but may include:
- local government average salary pension scheme
- free parking (4 days a week) if based at the Civic Centre
- a 36-hour week for all full-time staff
- generous holiday entitlement: a minimum 25 days a year (plus bank holidays), rising to 28 days after five years' service. For more senior positions holiday entitlements can rise to a maximum of 36 days
- career breaks
- flexible working hours
- season ticket loan
- access to a Credit Union
- access to a wide range of training and courses
- discount on a variety of Adult Education courses run by the Council
- payment of professional fees where these are required
- discounts at council-owned leisure centres and swimming pools at Hillingdon (Uxbridge), Queensmead (South Ruislip), Highgrove (Ruislip) and Botwell Green (Hayes)
- cycle purchase scheme
- car sharing scheme
- 30% discount on green fees at council-owned golf courses