We’re looking for a Full Stack Developer, who is able to work on a wide range of system integration and web application projects, to help us in our mission to design user-centred digital services inline with what our users expect.
If you’re passionate about usability, performance and creating a world class user experience, this is the job for you.
- Flexible working hours
- Remote working opportunities
- Generous holiday allowance
- Local government pension scheme
Roles and responsibilities:
Improve customer experience across our digital services and increase digital routes for users to use council services
Assist in implementing our new CRM system across the council and its services
Work with suppliers and contractors to enable integrations with third party systems to our own systems
Make sure current and future systems are accessible to everyone, maintaining a minimum of WCAG 2.1 AA standards
Share knowledge and tools with the wider team, collaborating to make the best systems possible
The ideal candidate will have:
- A working knowledge of the React Framework, or at least a good working knowledge of another JS frontend framework
- Experience with developing for a PHP based CMS, preferably Drupal
- At least a basic knowledge of nodeJS for use in AWS lambda functions
- Experience with integrating with third party systems, being able to consume external APIs and write APIs for external systems to integrate with
- Experience using version control software
- The ability to communicate with non-technical colleagues effectively
- A knowledge of AWS architecture, specifically EC2, S3, Cloudfront, Lambda, API Gateway, and Cognito
You will be reporting to the Digital Product Manager, and you will welcome feedback from the wider team at regular stages - as well as offering a critical eye to others.
For an informal discussion about this role, please email David Newell, Digital Product Manager on email@example.com
How to Apply
Please apply online via the link provided.
Please note, we do not accept CVs submitted without a fully completed online application form.