Following a redesign of the service, we are now looking to appoint a number of exceptional candidates as Safer Spaces Digital Evidence Officers.
The Digital Evidence Team are responsible for improving community safety outcomes throughout the Royal Borough by delivering our 24/7 365 monitored CCTV service and by using state of the art technology to enhance the Council and MET Police's response to crime and disorder affecting Royal Greenwich residents. The team will also be responsible for delivering digital enforcement and to work closely with the Community Safety Enforcement Team by collating evidence against offenders for use in prosecutions.
In addition to this, the team are responsible for managing Townwatch in all four Town Centre's in Royal Greenwich to combat crime and disorder affecting our business community and Town Centre Stakeholders which will include actively gathering intelligence and evidence against the most prolific offenders and liaising with businesses to support prosecutions and/or civil recovery.
In support of the Council's approach to Integrated Enforcement, Officers will also be work collaboratively with other enforcement colleagues and agencies, and in other parts of the borough as required.
Successful applicants will be expected to hold a CCTV Public Surveillance qualification(s) and hold a current SIA Public Space Surveillance (CCTV) License. All staff will be vetted by the police prior to a formal offer of employment.
Essential criteria for the role include:
- Hold a valid L2 in Public Space CCTV qualification as a minimum.
- Basic knowledge of CCTV related legislation and codes of practice.
- Ability to communicate clearly and accurately orally and in writing.
- Good eye-sight (with or without glasses) and hearing and the ability to recognise colours.
- Already holds or willing to undertake Non-Police personnel level 1 vetting (mandatory for role).
- Previous experience operating CCTV for public safety, enforcement and/or security purposes, particularly in a control room environment.
For further information, please contact Daniel Carberry (Safer Spaces Team Manager)
Closing Date: Sunday 15th August
Royal Borough of Greenwich reserves the right to close any vacancy earlier than the advertised closing date should there be a high volume of applications received.