We have an evolving digital infrastructure programme aimed at increasing county-wide coverage of full fibre broadband so that more people can get access to the fastest, most reliable speeds and technology. This is even more important as we recover from COVID-19. We have seen demand for digital connectivity significantly increase to support homeworking, business-trading, social networking and schooling.
We want to put West Sussex on the map as a key place of digital expansion, innovation and investment. We need your project management skills and experience to help us achieve this.
For more information about West Sussex County Council, please visit our WSCC About Us page.
About The Job
Salary: £47,351 - £51,807 per annum
Working Pattern: Full time, 37 hours per week
Contract Length: Fixed term/Secondment, ending 31 March 2023
Location: County Hall, Chichester
Interview Date: week commencing 16 August 2021
As our new Senior Digital Infrastructure Project Manager, you will scope out and develop business cases for funding to be delivered by the Digital Infrastructure Team.
You will need to work well with stakeholders and partners and use your proven project management and interpersonal skills to ensure clarity on scope, objectives, requirements and the delivery of digital initiatives. You will be able to quickly establish an effective network of key stakeholders encompassing contacts in local and central government, partner agencies and in the telecommunications industry.
You will be joining a team of forward-thinking and innovative project managers who are delivering large scale capital projects and enabling initiatives to ensure West Sussex homes and businesses enjoy all the benefits of digital connectivity.
Experience and Skills
You will need to show how you have managed complex projects from conception to successful delivery and achieved set strategic objectives. You will be skilled at producing business cases based on analysis of data and informed by relevant research. You will have a track record of securing the collaboration of partners and key stakeholders in delivering successful outcomes. You will be able to write successful bids for funding and track financial spend against targets, delivering on time and in budget.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to successfully influence and persuade others and negotiate effective business solutions.
- Effective research, evaluation and interpretation skills to derive conclusions and identify accelerated commercial investment opportunities.
- Ability to apply project management principles and practices at a senior level.
- Ability to analyse and make judgements based on knowledge of behaviour of commercial suppliers and quickly identify and react to emerging market trends.
- Ability to challenge existing practices and identify innovative solutions.
- Ability to manage and lead teams.
Qualifications and/or experience:
- Post graduate professional qualification relevant either to management or to the professional service specialism; or relevant experience in specialist area, including sound operational experience of the application of good commercial processes and practices.
- Significant post qualification experience in dealing with complex issues.
- Experience of managing a budget and contributing to financially related decisions on high level spending.
- Exposure to shaping and supporting initiatives in a political environment - Desirable
- Knowledge of working within the telecommunications industry - Desirable
Rewards and Benefits
As an employer we recognise that it is our employees that are central to everything we do. We aim to create a supportive and dynamic working environment where employees can achieve their full potential, achieve a healthy work-life balance and are rewarded for the work they do.
Aside from 29 days annual leave, you will also have access to a full list of the benefits offered to you as a West Sussex County Council employee you can find them on our Rewards and Benefits page.
The reference number for this role is EIE00836 .
For an informal conversation or for further information regarding the role, please contact Chloe Chatfield (Resourcing Advisor) .