We have a digital infrastructure programme aimed at increasing countywide coverage of full fibre broadband so that more people can get access to the fastest, most reliable speeds and technology. This is even more important as we recover from COVID-19. We have seen demand for digital connectivity significantly increase to support homeworking, business-trading, social networking and schooling.
West Sussex County Council's Digital Infrastructure team works in partnership with telecommunications suppliers and central government to deliver the Council's investment in publicly funded fibre broadband infrastructure and accelerate investment by commercial suppliers in the county.
For more information about West Sussex County Council, please visit our WSCC About Us page.
About The Job
Salary: £36,922 - £39,880 per annum
Working Pattern: Full time, 37 hours per week
Contract Length: Fixed term/Secondment ending 31 March 2023
Location: Chichester, County Hall
Interview Date: week commencing 23 August 2021
As our Senior Programme Management Officer, you will help the team to deliver the Council's digital ambitions and support our county's economic growth and recovery from COVID-19.
You will work in both a strategic and operational capacity providing support and oversight to the Council's broad Full Fibre Programme and specifically, to the individual projects which are delivering it.
With your background in programme management you will take a lead role in ensuring governance procedures are followed, project and programme plans are quality assured and delivered, and financial costs and forecasts are maintained.
Experience and Skills
You will have a proven record of success working collaboratively and independently within a project / programme management office, delivering complex programmes and projects in either Digital, Infrastructure, Commercial or Transformational initiatives, and you will be required to advise on programme management activities and issues.
You will have excellent interpersonal and influencing skills with the ability to deal credibly with Directorates, Executives and Partners whilst providing advice and guidance on Programme Management Office activities.
- Strong customer focus with the ability to work as a key client contact and provide a professional service to meet their needs.
- Ability to clearly articulate the project/programme imperatives, implications, risks and finances and formulate resolutions as appropriate.
- Drive and commercially focussed decision-making skills.
- Ability to forward plan over the long term, making effective judgements in order to continuously develop and review the effectiveness of the programme to meet deadlines and objectives.
- An advanced understanding of Programme Management Office functions.
Qualifications and/or experience:
- Degree or HNC/HND or Project Management or equivalent level qualification or equivalent level of experience.
- Relevant knowledge of Change Management Framework & Project / Programme Management processes, procedures and policies associated with working within a demanding Programme Management delivery environment.
- Knowledge of MS Project.
- Experience of interpreting programme and project information and translating them into actionable insights and recommendations.
- Proven experience of supporting projects/programme including the detailed management and planning of resources and finances.
- Experience in managing medium sized projects from scope to delivery.
- Experience of working in a dynamic and rapidly changing environment and of working within project management systems/practices and providing effective support.
- Experience of taking a key role in the development of business cases to achieve improvements in service and funding opportunities.
Rewards and Benefits
As an employer we recognise that it is our employees that are central to everything we do. We aim to create a supportive and dynamic working environment where employees can achieve their full potential, achieve a healthy work-life balance and are rewarded for the work they do.
Aside from 29 days annual leave, you will also have access to a full list of the benefits offered to you as a West Sussex County Council employee you can find them on our Rewards and Benefits page.
The reference number for this role is EIE00835 .
For an informal conversation or for further information regarding the role, please contact Nicola Scullard (Senior Digital Infrastructure Project Manager) at .